My baby girl graduated from kindergarten yesterday (Last Thursday...I've been busy and this post has been in draft mode for a few days!). Did I cry? No. I secretly CHEERED!! Yeah, I can tell that time is flying by and that my kids are growing before my eyes. Why is it the older we get, the faster time seems to go? So I'm trying to enjoy where we're at in our little family. I'm liking 'all the kids on school' thing though!! No more drop everything and run in the middle of the morning to pick Emma up. I hate that part of kindergarten. The worst is the early-out day. Yes, I'm one of those parents that has been called to remind me that my child is waiting! Sadly, I've done it with more than one child, too.
We got to the school about 20 minutes early and got a fairly good seat, until people started to pour in and the room got more and more crowded. Am I a bad mother because I don't get my children flowers and balloons for KINDERGARTEN GRADUATION? Is it really necessary? Can't an ice cream cone do the trick? Anything with sugar should do the trick, right? Well, as the room started to fill up, it kept getting hotter and hotter and hotter. Notice Emma's cheeks. (My children were cursed with my red-almost-purple-face in excessive heat gene.)
Notice that I didn't get a single picture of all of the kids on stage because I had a constant flow of parents standing...standing in front and blocking EVERYONE... taking pictures. I had to decide if I really wanted a picture of all the kindergarteners WITH the heads of 6 parents...or none at all.
I chose none.
Emma had a small part that she said with two other cute kids. I would have gotten a picture of that, but I had to crawl...CRAWL...in a skirt...on the floor...while holding a camera...showing more than should be seen, I'm sure, and all I got was peoples legs and backs. I was trying to be kind and not stand up as to block another non-insane parent who was trying to video their child.
Oh well.
Emma did great on her part. She sang every song and did all the actions too, even though she said that it was embarrassing sometimes to do the actions. A couple of songs even had JAZZ HANDS!! She is SOOO ready for first grade now. School lunch, the big kid playground, homework, walking to and from school with Lauren. She's in the big leagues now!
You're awesome Emma!
2 comments:
That is so funny! I remember my mom saying the same thing about kindergarten when my littlest sister was there. She was like no I'm not going to cry over this!
You should just go the day before to the rehearsal and get pictures. That's what I did - mainly because I was in charge of the preschool party, and I decided to stay.
Maybe the parents were worried that this would be the only graduation their kid(s) would get. ;)
Post a Comment