Everyone please watch your heads and cover your faces as not to get hit in the face with dust, as helicopter mom makes another landing!!
Another thing I will not miss about school...phone rings...mom, can you bring me a piano book for the talent show today...phone rings...mom, can you bring me 3 cans of chili for the medieval day today at school...phone rings...mom, can you bring me some lunch money...phone rings...mom, can you bring me my ankle brace because we're walking to Mapleton park...phone rings...mom, can you bring me some ibuprofen...phone rings...mom, can you leave work and take me to my tennis match -- in Spanish Fork.
Honestly, this all happened in one day -- in one morning. When am I going to have time to sit on my large, tired behind and relax? That's what the kids think that I do anyway.
Am I ruining my kids by coming to their rescue multiple times a day? Should I let them starve at lunch? Should I let them flop at the talent show? Should I let their ankle break from walking? Should I ruin the whole tennis team's match? Should I come to the rescue with chili?
I did. I earned A LOT of sky miles in one day. When you're a mom you don't really have a life anyway, right? MY life begins at 4:50 am and goes to 7:30 am. That's MY time at the gym and then MY life is over. I know I'm not alone in this. I just wish I could teach my kids to be more responsible and think ahead. But, hey! That's what moms are for, right? To come to the rescue!
I'm glad I'm able at a place in my life that I can come to their rescue. I'm glad I'm needed. At least!
No comments:
Post a Comment