6th Grade graduation for Katie Jane. Parents were pacing themselves better than they did at kindergarten graduation. All I had to do was stand from where I was sitting to get a picture. No heads/legs/behinds of parents got in the way!
Katie and her friends Taylor and Kira. I'm so glad that she'll have the chance to make more friends when she gets into Jr. High. Did that sound really mean? I think Katie will see that she can find a friend who is kind and complimentary to her and polite. I'm not so happy with what she's got now. It's my duty as her mother to worry and want the best for her, right?

Katie Jane is on her way to Jr. High. Sadly, that was the worst time in my life -- so I'm going to do my best to make it her best, or at least better than my experience. What did I expect when I wore boxing boots, tight legging pants and huge oversized shirts and black eyeliner on my inner eyelids? I was a little...new wave...I guess. It was the 80's!! I hope all the pictures were destroyed!

Will drove 45 minutes from work to see Katie's graduation then he had to go back to work. Will is running himself ragged trying to attend and watch everything he missed last year. I'm glad because he's so handsome he makes me look better! Alone, I'm pretty pathetic.
Katie Jane is almost 12! If you could only see my shaking hands! I'm so proud of the young woman that she is. Don't get me wrong, she still has that lovely TWEEN attitude and annoying pre-teen behavior, but I think Katie is GREAT! She amazes me with what she accomplishes and how grown-up she acts.
I love you Katie Jane!
1 comment:
We love Katie at our house, too! And I really miss your family.
P.S. I'll be calling her soon. . . it's time for a day/night out.
Post a Comment