Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I once had a dear, sweet grandma

Grandma Jane. She's my guardian angel. It was her voice that I heard throughout Will's deployment...You can do it, you'll be just fine. I heard those words many, many times. She first told them to me as she hugged me when we found out Will was going to Afghanistan, and she told them to me many times again, after she had left this mortal existence to party and play cards with her sisters -- and get to know her dear husband after being separated from him for many "earth" years.

I have the gift of getting to live in her beautiful house -- with a few additions of our own -- and I can look outside everyday and enjoy her beautiful yard that she spent hours in preparing for our wedding receptions (mine -- it rained), and wedding/baby showers, and after parade picnics, and birthday parties. These are some of the "flowers" of her labors!


I think we have one of the sweetest smelling yards -- anywhere! Even thought I know I will pay with multiple sneezes and itchy eyes for inhaling deeply, I just can't help but!

I know I've already posted pictures of some flowers from her yard, but the kids and I took some of these flowers to her on Mother's Day.

The flowers smelled so good, I think she can smell them all the way to where she is.

Thanks for the gift grandma!

No comments: