Saturday, October 24, 2009

Just in passing...

I want to brag (and I'm sure Will is going to get mad at me for doing this) that Will was made a Company Commander for his Unit. Just to make him happy, I won't say what unit, but his responsibilities just doubled if not tripled and it makes his next deployment a little more interesting - to say the least!

The change of command ceremony was very interesting to watch. Very symbolic. The First Sargent holds the Unit flag, passes it to the out-going Company Commander, who passes it to the Battalion Commander, who passes it to Will - the in-coming Company Commander, who passes it back to the First Sargent. Got that?






And then he got to speak to his men.




It was very humbling to be told, "Welcome to the Unit, ma'am." by so many men. I'm sure my implied duties as the Company Commander's wife will be more than I realize, but I'll just cross that bridge when I need to!


Will's parents are a great support and they made the long drive to see Will take this command. Yes, it was early in the morning and my eyes were tired, but it's just poor photography skill by me with this picture!

I'm proud of you, Will. I knew that you being such a hard worker, being so honest, and always doing your best - no matter what - would get you to where you are today...and you're just going to go up from here, too!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

3 comments:

Jerbabe said...

I am so proud of Will also. He is such a good man. As Britney would say, "you are a dang good husband picker!" We love your family very much and are so happy for your accomplishments!

Tuttle Family said...

Congratulations to you both!

Jason and Britney said...

And also plus (i've been reading too many Junie B Jones books) you got some Beautiful Roses! Ahhh, lucky girl!

Congrats Will... AND Julie!