Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Lauren Elizabeth

Lauren...my little surprise from conception on.

Happy 11th Birthday - October 16th

Lauren wanted into this world faster than Will and I thought could be possible, but she has filled our lives with giggles and smiles and hugs and kisses. Not to make anyone else feel bad, but she was THE most BEAUTIFUL baby! She had so much black hair and a perfect little nose and beautiful big eyes, oh and her dad's dimple! I think she's a clone of her Aunt Donna! She has cute little freckles that make her face even that much more enjoyable to look at!! She was my calm after the storm (Katie Jane!). She loves dressing up and looking "fancy" and always has ideas for activities for us to do as a family. She's a planner.

And she's a talker! If you ask her what a book is about and you ask her to just give a brief description, she doesn't know what to leave out so she tries to tell the whole story...in a very long way! But she giggles in places in the middle and that makes listening to her so enjoyable!



Lauren sometimes gets forgotten or at least called Emma multiple times every day...so we tried to do something fun this year for her birthday. I'm not be best birthday-planning-mother. I don't usually do friend parties because...well, any party with multiple girls ranging in the age from 5 to 14 is not my idea of relaxing, fun or do-able! So we tend to stick to smaller gatherings and family parties. I took Lauren and a couple of friends to Color Me Mine. They had so much fun as I tried to keep my heart palpitations under control as I imagined what the price was going to be.

So she got her "pumpkin" cake and her outing with a couple of her friends and her choice of dinner - which was Korean. Love it that Will still cooks Korean for us! Bul-Go-Gi and Jap-Chae (or pronounced in our home - Pull Kogi and Chop Chay). I always think my kitchen is big enough until Will cooks Korean and everyone swarms in to enjoy it!

DE-licious!

Lauren is such an amazing daughter and Heavenly Father knew that I needed her!

Happy Birthday - Lauren, Lauren, Bo, Bauren!

2 comments:

The Olsons said...

Happy Birthday Lauren! Sounds like a fun birthday party. I'm so done with parties! And a wonderful dinner. We just had Korean dinner last week. We all love it! Bulgogi and Japchae is our favorite too, but don't forget Mondu!

LeMira said...

Those are our favorite Korean dishes, too! I love Lauren -- she's a sweetheart!