Friday, January 15, 2010

Emma's New Year's Wish!

Back to Emma's art.

I wish she would have wished for this a few days earlier, because then she would have been able to go! Will and Jay went to ice fishing and I guess Emma decided that it looked "fun and it is fun". Yeah, she's only saying that because she got to see the product of the activity...she didn't have to sit for hours in the cold waiting for the fish.



Will caught 3...Jay caught 4 - actually 5 but one got away...probably the biggest one!
While Will was cleaning the fish in the sink, the fish pictured in the middle started to come back to life. It started opening and closing its mouth and its gills were flapping and it was curling it's tail and squirming...eww. I almost wanted Will to fill the sink with water to see if it would start swimming again. A pet trout!



Very non-appetizing pictures - sorry. Just checking out the capabilities of my camera.

I think fish are ugly. I remember being a little girl and going fishing with my dad and if we caught a fish, we had to carry the fish. Being the squeemish girl that I am...I had no desire to stick my finger through its gills and out its mouth...or in its mouth and out its gills. Whatever. All I know is that when we as girls...me and my sisters...would catch a fish, my dad would find a twig or small branch that would BARELY be long enough to be able to hold the fish and fit our fingers on each end, and we would walk holding this little twig with the tips of our fingers with the fish dangling off of it...with a curled-lips, disgusted expression on our face. I'm sure.

In the end...they were delicious!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Ahh, I wish you lived closer! Wayne is going tomorrow by himself and he could use a little helper! I'm not so much an outdoor adventure girl... I'd rather stay home in my nice warm house and read a book! lol Loved the picture and the post. :)

LeMira said...

She cracks me up! Ice Fishing?! Love it.