Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Farewell, Minivan-Mom!

What was sooo long ago, yet feels like it was only a couple of years ago, I had nothing more to worry about than me, myself and I. Days that I wish I had a few of now, but I know that I'd get bored and fatter from pure laziness. In those good-ole'-days, I had my own car. A car that was sporty in her day. A car with only 2 doors and no visions of car seats in the back.



So to make myself look even more spoiled and self-centered, I got myself a personalized license plate.

JULEEZ

Sadly, someone...I can't remember whom, nicknamed the car and ultimately me, EZ. I was not, nor have I ever been and am still not...EZ. But I was JULEEZ. It was my car. And then...
Will and I got married and JULEEZ had to go. We went down the path of small, compact, economical car and through the years have gone up in car size as our family has increased in number size as well. Until ultimately, I was driving around a minivan. Not a station wagon mind you, which I think I've said before I would never own, nor drive, but a minivan.

I was good with it because it worked for our family. We needed all the extra doors and space and when Lauren came along and I was trying to fit 3 car seats in the back seat of our Camry...things had to get bigger. So after driving the van around for a few years, our lives evolved into not needing a van anymore. The kids got bigger and could buckle their own seatbelts and Will was leaving for Afghanistan so we sold the van and I started driving the new family car...Will's truck. Again, I think I've said before, I didn't picture myself as the truck-driving type of woman so I was so glad that a few months ago I got to give Will his truck back and I got a new car.

A car that almost takes my life into full circle again except that I drive car pool and run kids around in it. A new, more mature phase in my life. We have a "date" car again that doesn't scream...WE HAVE FOUR KIDS!!! A car that turns easily without making a 23 point turn. A car that fits into any parking spot so much easier than a 4-door truck. A car that fits me and the kids...or just me and Will.

So of course, I had to claim it...

Not quite JULEEZ, but close. Like I said, almost full circle, but take out me being spoiled and self-centered and add in a hot husband and 4 great kids...

and here I am!

6 comments:

regina said...

oh julie, you went back to EZ. i am so proud of you....

kristyryan said...

Please enjoy this stage in your life for me since i will be in the mini van mom mode for a while! Jealous, maybe you can come pick me up sometime! And I love the EZ comment!

Graciesmom said...

Love it :)

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

Julie! Those pictures were the best! You brought tears to my eyes looking at your Juleez license plate. WHAT A HOTEE! Congrats! Can't wait for you to take me for a spin!

Debbie said...

I want a picture of the new wheels!
Enjoy it. You two would look 'hot' in anything though. ;)

Jan said...

Awesome!! I love the 80's hair. My sisters and I always wonder when that hair is going to come back!!