I love it when the kids bring home the presents they made for me and Will the last day of school before Christmas break. It takes EVERYTHING they have to NOT tell us what is inside the bag! Emma had an easier time in keeping the secret than Lauren did this year. Lauren kept dropping huge hints that totally gave the gift away. She's not a strong one for keeping secrets.
I love that they're more excited for us to open their gift to us than they are about opening their own presents. I was preoccupied with my present from Will - so Will opened our gift from Emma.
I love that they're more excited for us to open their gift to us than they are about opening their own presents. I was preoccupied with my present from Will - so Will opened our gift from Emma.
Don't me and Will look so in love...under the mistletoe and all, with the huge heart above our heads! So true to life! And where did the CAT come from? Maybe it's Willie.
This is our gift from Emma. When Will opened it up and started reading the book, I was seriously thinking how stupid it was. What a horrible mom I am to think that! I guess it could have been a foam ornament with her picture in it...I have a LOT of those! I thought it was a serious book...seriously horrible and dumb...until Will got to the second page.
You know when you try to explain something to a child and they interpret it a totally different way? The way of a first grader? This book is so funny. We laughed and laughed...and still laugh. It was so fun to watch Emma's face as we read the book. She was so proud of her book. She's got a good sense of humor, my baby does!
This is Emma's page...(I do not endorse my children drawing pictures with people bleeding in them...but they still do it.)
These are some of the other funny ones.

Two heads are...cool! (I like that one a lot!) Up a creek without a...swimming suit! As you shall make your bed so shall you...do your homework! It's always darkest before...night!
Out of the frying pan comes...pancakes! It's bark is worse than...getting sick! The squeaky wheel gets...hot. And my favorite...A penny saved is...one cent!
Oh, to be as wise as a 7 year old. Sometimes simplicity makes more sense.
Thanks Emma!
3 comments:
That is FANTASTIC!!!
That is the best elementary school christmas gift I've ever seen, and Emma's page is definitely the prettiest bloody picture I've ever seen! I want to read the whole book!
How funny!!! Thanks for the laugh!
Post a Comment