Before I begin, I need to make clear that I AM NOT making fun of Jay. At least in what I am going to tell. This picture does it enough! He hates getting his picture taken, so I told him to show me how big his mouth is...
It's this big.
Jay is an awesome son. Yes, his room stinks like a boy. No, he doesn't like to brush his teeth. Yes, he is mean to his sisters. Yes, he becomes incoherent when video games are present. Yes, he pounds on everything as if were a drum set. Yes, he is kind. Yes, he is funny. No, he doesn't get into trouble. Yes, we love him! SO MUCH!
I promise...I'm only recording this for posterity sake, not to tease. Maybe for some bribery down the road, but mostly, it's something that I don't want to forget. I think all the time that I couldn't possibly forget what awesome or funny things my child has done - so I don't write it down - and I always forget. Always.
Last night, Jay said the prayer before our dinner. He's been know to add very flowery adjectives in his prayers. I wonder if his church teachers ever noticed. He is being very sincere, for sure. I think he doesn't want to say the same things that everyone else does when they pray and he's trying to be creative. I think that's great!
So, last night, Jay prayed that "we would be able to face the challenges of tomorrow (today) with glee."
Glee.
Have you ever heard a 14 going on 15 year old boy use the word "glee" in a prayer? No, Will and I didn't laugh. No, we didn't open our eyes to see what everyone else was doing. We didn't bring any attention to what he had said...and no one else seemed to notice or care either. Will and I just waited until we were serving the kids their dinner and with our backs to the kids, we looked at each other and smiled and mouthed the words...glee.
What an awesome kid! Full of such glee!
4 comments:
I can tell you got a new camera, your pictures look awesome!
Maybe I should put that into my prayers. I wish I could face tomorrow with glee.
So funny! Yes, I think you will be able to use this someday down the road. lol Great pictures btw.
Maybe Jay can come stay with us for a while and teach my kids some new prayer words. We follow the same themes; be good, go to grandmas, stay in our beds, get better. We need glee... WE NEED GLEE!!!
Post a Comment