Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My day starting at 1:07pm

28.

That's how many texts I've gotten from Katie Jane since school let out for the day.  All 28 within an hour.  58 minutes to be exact.  She's arguing with me through texts...I don't know about this teenage girl thing.  If I have a brain aneurysm, you'll know why.

1.

The number of times that I was asked to drop everything to take Jay his tennis jersey for team pictures.  This number seems to be a little low today!

4.

That's how many phone calls I got from home since school let out for the day.  The extremely urgent matters and questions that needed to be asked and told to me were:

"Can I have a friend come over?"

"Can I have a Popsicle?"

"Oops!  I thought I was calling my friend, sorry mom!"

and the call that took my day from awful to...more awful...

"Guess what, mom?  I got a fish at school today!!!"

Oh, lovely.  The last fish Katie Jane got from school last year is still alive...wait, let me rephrase that...STILL ALIVE!!!!...even after being starved, forced to live in squalor, and kept in solitary confinement!  I can't think of anything better than to add to that scenario...can you?  How long are gold fish supposed to live, anyway?

All this chaos while trying to work...at work...not the work at home...the work at work.  So posting this while at work is probably not helping me at work either.  I needed something to help me to remember how frustrating my children can be when they're all grown and gone...and I miss them.

Can't imagine that happening right now!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Oh it will, trust me and sooo much sooner than you think!