I know. I know. You're thinking this is a male model post, right? Well, I think it is...and it annoys Will to no end, but I can't resist taking pictures of my gorgeous husband...as it should be. So in being sensitive to Will, because he asked me not to post pictures of him he doesn't look good in...I've posted all the pictures. :)
I know. I'm lucky!
Swim...Bike...Run...and he did it so well!
I was trying to watch Will in the water through my camera so I could take pictures of him as he started to swim, (I HAD to buy a new camera lens just for this occasion, wink wink) so I just figured that that little tickling on my toes was a little scraggler weed next to the rock I was standing next to. So I looked down briefly to make sure, and saw this on my toes....
NOT a weed. I don't like creepy crawly things or slithering things or scurrying things...most ESPECIALLY scurrying things!! He must have liked my glitter toes...little lizards like purple glitter...or he is completely domesticated because not even Jay tossing rocks at him would make him leave. Of course he left my foot when I kicked him off, but he just decided to hang out on a rock in front of me instead. Hypnotized by the glitter toes I think! (little shiver at the thought!!)
Jay waiting for Will to get in the water.
Everything is done in "heats" or stages so that it's not a drowning incident waiting to happen. I still think it looks like a fish boil when all the swimmers start...(you know, the ones that my dad tries to drive the boat through as we're water skiing behind the boat at Lake Powell...with a smile on his face...hoping we'll fall...as we scream and tell him to go the other way!!! - I would walk on water before I let myself fall into a fish boil)...After about 20 seconds I had completely lost Will in the water, and mistook every other man...in a black wet suit...wearing a yellow swim cap...which was about 33 other men...and took pictures of several other men thinking it was Will as they came up out of the water.
I deleted all the pictures of the other men...of course!
Then the biking began. Jay and I waited and watched at the bike dismount area until Will came in. We watched at least 4 men fall ALL the way down to the ground as they were trying to hurry and get off their bikes to save time in the transition. They couldn't get their shoes un-clipped from the pedals and it's kind of hard to run with a bike on the bottom of your shoe.
We cheered for the bikers coming in until we saw Will, again wearing almost the exact same color clothes as everyone else. Next time, he's wearing neon green or something so I can see him coming from a mile away!
Out...
Then back...
1 hour and 46 minutes later...he's wearing a medal, which Will figured out was also a bottle opener...for us to celebrate??? er what???
Will's trying to talk me into doing triathlons. It's not going to happen. I'm the best spectator there is. I guess I'm too afraid of finding out how hard it actually is, because like I said, Will makes it look so easy.
He's doing another triathlon in July and an Olympic distance triathlon in October.
I need to rest a minute after typing that!
He's doing another triathlon in July and an Olympic distance triathlon in October.
I need to rest a minute after typing that!
I really believe that there is nothing that my man can't do...except read my mind, but that's not his fault. I'm so proud of how dedicated he is every day. Rain, shine, swimming in ice cold water, late at night after a looong days work, super early in the morning, FHE ice cream night at Sonic, he sets a goal and completes it and shrugs off anything that gets in his way. He has more discipline in his pinkie finger than I have in my entire existence!
Even though he considers himself just "average", I think he's the very best...
and he knows I'm always right!


1 comment:
Awesome! Way to go Will! I don't even have the desire to run a 5k. Did it once and it was okay but I certainly didn't love it. Maybe I'll get more motivated one of these days!
Maybe I should talk Dan into doing these things (in St George of course) I want an excuse to go on a little vacation. You guys are always spending time down there!
Post a Comment