So, when Will told me that our friends, Bruce and Marie, invited us to stay with them at their condo in Park City for the weekend...I felt all spontaneous and young!
You know how there are people in your life that you just feel so lucky to know? Well, we have been blessed to know these two awesome people.
Bruce and Marie. They are both intense Crossfit athletes and marathoners, triathlon-ers, and world travelers - thanking the military for most of their travels. Marie is the kindest, most thoughtful, beautiful, elegant and demure lady I know. She always has something nice to say - even if it's not deserved, and I so admire her for her strength, both physical and emotional. She can kick your trash AND she rocks skinny jeans! She thinks of others before herself and always makes me feel so loved and important when we talk even when I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm going to miss her so much!
I was the only one of the four who isn't IN the military - I'm married to it - so a lot of the conversation was lost on me, but I did manage to understand almost all of the acronyms...something I pride myself in! Marie (my sky diving partner) is on her way to Iraq with her unit in a month or so (do you already feel me praying for you, Marie??), and Bruce was in Afghanistan with Will and is taking a job in D.C. (I think!) So their lives are being shaken right now and I felt really honored that they asked us to spend one of their last weekends together with us boring, old, home-bodies!
We ate at a great restaurant with a piano bar...something so foreign to Will and me - we're used to the car-hop at Sonic - so we LOVED it! The music was great, the company was wonderful and the food was fanTAStic!
I only answered my phone twice during dinner to have my children ask ridiculous questions, like Emma asking, "I need to get 2 more Webkinz, can we go get some?"
I turned my phone off after that question.
On the way back to the room we dragged Bruce and Marie to Walmart because in my excitement to get out of the house, I forgot PJ's...or ANYTHING lounge-y, and didn't want to spend the rest of the evening in my skirt. Unfortulately, the Walmart in Park City is, I think, the ONLY Walmart in the world that is not open 24 hours.
So I lounged, and slept, in my skirt.
I wish I could go back and put lipstick on myself...sheesh!!
We spent the next morning on Main St. in Park City...window shopping, until we got to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory store...then my wallet came out!
A lot of the stores and restaurants were closed because it's "Mud Season". Something that is evident as you look around at the ski slopes. But considering I spent over $12 in the chocolate store on 3 truffles and a rice crispy treat (which I hid in my underwear drawer so I could eat it by myself on Mother's Day), I don't think I would have been able to afford anything in the shops that were open anyway.
Thanks Bruce and Marie...Good luck and HUGS to you!


No comments:
Post a Comment