Monday, August 9, 2010

Final night...Final day...FINALLY!!!

The day had been a little cloudy with...clouds...and a little wind and rain and boat troubles, but when it ends with a rainbow...it's all good!

The rowdy, card playing, giggling crowd.  They had us adults beat every night.  We went to bed hours before they did.  I remember being able to do that!

The last morning of the trip, Will decided that Jay needed his man-card.  So Jay got his first shaving lesson, which I thought would be really simple and Jay would only need to shave his "stash", but Will had him shave his entire face!

I'm so not ready to be a mom to a child this old that needs to do mature stuff like this!

Jay needed it, although most of the hair on his face was long peach fuzz...he looks much better without the peach fuzz.  I still warn him that I'm going to come after him with the tweezers and change that one long caterpillar above his eyes to two caterpillars.  It's hard enough to keep up with the thick rug of hair he has on his head!

It's all the German, Biesinger/Eberhard blood in full force on that kids head!!


Dylan was able to escape my camera during most of this vacation.  He wasn't very happy with me...can you tell?



This makes me laugh so hard!!!  Only Steven would find something like this with a man that looks almost identical to him...I'm still laughing out loud right now!!

Grandma Jane would always take us to breakfast on the last morning of our trip at the lodge, and since she's been gone, Janette has so lovingly taken that...responsibility??  It's been a tradition in my family for more than 20 years and I'm so grateful to Janette for being willing to take on this huge chunk-of-change gift!

I think it's because of our annual trip to the restaurant at the lodge that the restaurant stopped having a buffet breakfast.  They lost money every time!

With a huge group like this, it usually takes a while for them to bring the food out.  So there's always some crying, screaming, fighting and creative entertainment.  Steven thought this up for Dylan...of course he did!


Waiting...for the food!








and waiting...

And then whatever food anyone can't finish...like their pancakes...Jay eats.

Cute little Tasmanian Devil...only because she has eyes ONLY for her mother, Kristy!


Ryan cut 3 corners off of Jay's newly acquired "man-card" because Jay didn't wear his swimming suit out to the lake this last day.  It was his way of making sure that he didn't have to get forced into having any fun in the water!

 
Tyler's a natural!

This is a story about three brave girls.  Lindsay, Lauren and Aspen.
This is the beginning of their adventure on the water tube...pulled by Uncle Will.
Don't they look happy?

This is the middle of the story where their faces show their fear!  Poor Lauren, I just want to reach into the picture and take her out she looks so scared...I so get her!  But it gets worse!

I'm laughing a little...more than a little!  You should see their faces in all the pictures in between these!

This is near the end...

And this is Lindsay, Lauren (pleading for Will to STOP) and Aspen being done with their adventure on the tube after swallowing 2 gallons of water.  Each!  Although it looks like Lindsay and Aspen could go for another round!  Lauren was definitely DONE!


Allie and Katie got the idea that the ride can't get too rough if you stick a younger child in the middle to calm the driver down.


A little calmer ride for little Halle.  Her poor little arm could barely reach over the tube to hold onto the handle

I have about 15 pictures of these kids (Aspen, Lauren, Easton and Tyler) riding the "water weenie" and in every one, Aspen has her nose plugged!  She knows that when Uncle Ryan or Uncle Steven are driving, that you need to be ready at any time!!


 Then we did a little jumping!  Almost everyone from Treven to Steven!

 The Lancaster family wins the award for "Best Group Jump!"
p.s.  I'm laughing again!


 Still laughing!

 
Laughing harder...Steven cracks me up!

 Still laughing!

 My children.  Such a typical picture of them too.  Jay's cheese smile, Katie's perfect smile, Lauren's cute, no-teeth smile and Emma's non-smile.  For some reason, almost every year our final picture of the kids at Lake Powell has Emma in a foul mood, refusing to smile and be happy!
But they love each other.  Until we all cram ourselves into the truck with too many items on our laps and at our feet and travel the 5 hours home.

And I'm happy to say, that these two pictures were the only ones taken of me the entire trip...as it should be!

THE END!

Can you believe it???

No comments: