Once I even tried to count how many times the crickets...cricked, or chirped is what I guess it would be.
From 12:14 am to 12:15 am, the crickets outside in my yard chirped 101 times.
Does anyone know what that means? I thought that however many times the crickets chirped, is what the outside temperature was. Yes, it did feel like 101, but I'm fairly sure it was much cooler than that. Now my brain involuntarily tries to count crickets chirping every time I go to bed!
--This is my new favorite decoration:
It's so satisfying to see a salesperson, who actually knows what NO SOLICITING means, walk up to and then turn away from my door.
I love it!
--I'm going to miss my patriotic decorations...but replacing them with my fall ones---especially my favorite candle scent---makes me happy too. I almost love nothing better than being able to keep the windows open all day. I don't understand how anyone can live all closed up from air and light. These perfect weather days will be few though.
Today was a great day because...
--The first day of school. That Staples commercial is still my favorite...with the song 'It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year' playing! I may have been sentimental about sending my kids to school at one time. Maybe one time, when Jay went to kindergarten, but since then...I try to not run back into the house and celebrate until I know they're gone for the day!!
Lauren and Emma will still let me take their picture on the first day of school.
I'm always torn though.
Hello to my clean, quiet house, a gallon of milk that lasts more than a day, and finally---structure.
But, goodbye to late nights, late mornings, homework free nights, and not having to comb anyone else's hair for the day. Oh the drama that hair styles bring!!
Lauren and Emma will still let me take their picture on the first day of school.
I'm always torn though.
Hello to my clean, quiet house, a gallon of milk that lasts more than a day, and finally---structure.
But, goodbye to late nights, late mornings, homework free nights, and not having to comb anyone else's hair for the day. Oh the drama that hair styles bring!!
--This summer has been the best literary summer of my life!! I have read so many good books and who'd of thunk that I would enjoy reading so much!! I just finished my last book in 2 days. Something I've never done before. Why didn't I enjoy learning this much when I was required to learn? Because I was required? I sure wish I could pass that desire to read onto my kids.
--My kids are growing so fast. We measured the kids again. From May 1 to August 18th this year, all my kids have grown at least an inch. Jay is now at 6' 2". And not only growing in size and stature, but maturity as well. I must admit that one big reason for my brain spinning at night is due to stress in raising my kids these days. I'm so tired of blasted texting and facebook and email. Their brains aren't mature enough to deal with all the stuff they're dealing with. I'm having a lot of trouble letting go of control. I need to realize that I'm not going to know every stinking thing that my kids do. Even the stinkiest of stinky things!!
We're becoming a household of strictness. How could you not these days?? I love my kids too much to let them destroy their lives...or let their friends destroy their lives. Uuuugh! Friends!!
We're becoming a household of strictness. How could you not these days?? I love my kids too much to let them destroy their lives...or let their friends destroy their lives. Uuuugh! Friends!!
I had the most wonderful friends growing up. Sally was my best friend from kindergarten on up into high school. I went on family vacations with her in their Winnebago, stayed up late watching Friday Night Videos and The Twilight Zone and eating Lean Cuisines. Then when things changed there, I was so lucky to have Angie as my best friend. We had so much fun! We were so cool...driving around with her sunroof open even though it was 37 degrees...listening to music super loud WITH the windows down, because I know there is nothing more attractive than that!! Going to her house for lunch everyday and eating turkey sandwiches with pepperoni on the yummy white Granny bread. Yum!! So many great memories! She made me better. I was so lucky!!
I want that for my kids, and there's no way I can finagle things to work the way I think is best. I have to let my own kids figure it out.
It's so painful!!
I'm learning patience.
Most of all, I'm so glad I have a rational thinker for a husband, who makes sense in the decisions he makes. I think we'd be homeschooling now if it weren't for Will and his good sense. I seem to have none!
I'm randomed out! I know my brain was thinking a lot more than that last night, but it feels good to document this kind of stuff.
My boring, privileged life!

No comments:
Post a Comment