Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What's for dessert?



Normally, I think my kids feel like they have a fairly boring life.  They seem to think that life is supposed to be one huge party!  All the time!  With dessert after every meal and never a chore to do.  I realize I'm not the best mother.  I like my boring life.  Nobody's perfect.  Life's not fair.  But there are always times when we wish we didn't have to deal with our problems and think that the grass is always greener, but...it's not true.

Case in point...

Yesterday, while I was reading a book I love so much I wanted to crawl into the pages of it---, I heard yelling and I couldn't figure out where the yelling was coming from.  Normally, it would come from the TV which is usually on 22 of the 24 hours of a day in our house...I like the background noise...but it was coming from the front yard---actually it was coming from the neighbors across the street, where the grass is most definitely NOT greener!

Color wise, or I-wish-I-had-their-problems wise.

For about 5 minutes, as we stood at the front window in plain sight of the 'argument',  me and my kids were taught the proper usage of the "f" word.  Being used multiple times in a sentence and in different meanings!

We also learned stories of infidelity and child visitation!

I'm fairly sure my kids like their boring life now.

2 comments:

Jason and Britney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason and Britney said...

Thanks for helping me remember to enjoy my boring life!

Also, that poppy looks delicious enough to eat for dessert. LOVE IT!