Monday, August 9, 2010

Will's #39

I can't keep up with the clock! The only thing in my life that seems to take forever is my time at the gym!

My life is screaming for a pause!

Will's birthday, I know, was back in the middle of July, but...- just another same old, boring day at work...for him.  I wish I could give him the kind of day he deserves. 



He's so sick and tired of me taking pictures of him.  Too bad!

But on this same old, boring day at work for Will, Jay just so happened to have his baseball state playoff games very close to Will's work, so me and the kids packed a picnic and our swimsuits...made a quick trip to Costco, of course...and headed to Jay's first game.


Jay's first game didn't end so well.  I think they called it in the 5th inning because the other team was more than 10 points ahead.  Ooooo!  I really didn't mind for two reasons:  1.  It was very hot, and 2. the sooner they lost the sooner we could be done (I know, what a horrible attitude for a mom to have) and I just thought of another top of the list reason...3. my girls were driving me crAzy!!

So, after the game we took our picnic lunch and our swimsuits and headed out to Will's work to have lunch with him and to let the kids cool off in the pool - along with 200 other military families.  BUT, at only $1 per person, it's worth the company...all I want is enough grass to relax on.

Kids' recipe for a fun day...just add water!

Trying to get Will what he wants for his birthday is so hard, not because he is hard to shop for but because he has nothing fun - he needs everything! Everything Will has or gets is always practical. I, of course, always buy him clothes, which he doesn't like sometimes - I'll never buy him argyle again - and when I'm not getting him clothes for his birthday (or Christmas, or our anniversaries) I get him house/yard stuff...gee, honey! Thanks for the tea kettle!!! - yes, I seriously bought him a tea kettle because microwaving mugs of water for hot chocolate was getting old -

This year he got a bike computer that I gave him a few days early so he could use it on his last triathlon.  Just one step better than a tea kettle, I'd say!

 
And he got a dozen chocolate chocolate donuts...to share!  I realize I typed chocolate twice, but they WERE chocolate chocolate donuts, the sinful ones from Costco (and at select convenience stores, I've found :))



Jay's gone from giving me a "cheesy" smile to a "whazaaaaaa" smile!  I think I prefer the "cheesy" smile more.  Now I have to tell him to stop sticking his tongue out when I take a picture of him.  So attractive...not!

One awkward phase to another...sheesh!

No, those are not water skis made to look like feet...those are indeed Jay's feet!

Time to say "bye" to Will...back to work, and we headed back to another game.

The only sliver of shade we could find was all the way at the other end of the ball diamond, near the exit, so we had to sit so close to the fence we could lean or faces against it or risk getting run over by a car leaving the park.  It was either that, or sit on burning hot metal bleachers or hard dirt in the sun.  Bright side...Emma found some horses and cows to keep her entertained!

Jay finally got some really good hits...and it's been so long ago that I can't remember if they won or lost, I think they lost.  Dang! ;)

We got home in enough time to make Will a birthday cake, my first birthday cake from scratch - that I can remember anyway - I'm sure by this time it was after 10 o'clock at night - standard Biesinger dinner time - so the lighting wasn't too good for a picture.  But I thought the cake was delicious!


The girls used almost every candle we had - minus as many pink ones possible, of course!  We did have a fire extinguisher close, just in case!

I love my birthday boy!

No comments: