Warning for all three of my readers...this is going to become a PHOTO blog for the next post. I took too many pictures and I have a problem with editing any of them out, so...
It's been so long ago that we went to Lake Powell, and maybe it's good that I waited this long to remember what happened on this trip because I only can think of great memories, except for that one time I yelled at my sister Beckie - that wasn't such a great memory, but a memory that I seem to be doomed to make on almost every family occasion - my name is Julie, and I have a temper!
Kristy is such an awesome sister-in-law. She is the first one on the boat ready to go, the first one out of the boat to try out some new water toy, and the only "parent" on many occasions that had all the kids following her around on adventures.
She makes me look so bad...in many, many ways! And I didn't mean to take her picture with her eyes closed. I would have edited it out, but I don't know how. She's beautiful eyes open AND closed!
The gangstas Easton, Allie and Tyler! Easton totally stole that move from Steven!
Lauren, Jessica - whom we had to rename "Cooper" and Aspen. They were the first to try out the tube with Will as the driver. This was also my first time trying to take pictures from a very bouncy, moving boat...obviously.
Emma in one of the 752 times she asked me to watch her jump...you know how kids are. I still took pictures of her all the times she jumped. See?
Jay was such a good brother and helped Lauren get on the knee board.
When it came time for his turn, he wasn't so thrilled about it. Jay's a lot like me in that the only reason he does "out of his comfort zone" things, is to get everyone off his back...which is exactly what this occasion was.

Doesn't he look excited to be there? Never got a smile out of him once.
A better "view"! wink, wink!
Tyler was more entertaining to watch.
Katie Jane and Jackson
Anna

There goes Kristy...showing off again! ;)
And then Steven, or maybe it was even Ryan, dumps her right next to a fish boil!!! Oh wait! That's only my nightmare!

Emery's shore time with daddy.
Parker

Halle
I wasn't kidding when I said I had a lot of pictures.
Our second day there, we took a little cruise...or a three hour tour...up Annie's Canyon?? or Moki, can't remember which one, but it always amazes me how beautiful the rocks are. Everything looks so small until you're up into it or against it and you realize that you're tiny compared to these ginormous mountains of rock.
My computer's had it! I've done 3 loads of laundry and locked the house up in the time it took that last picture to post. I think it's so hot that it sounds like it's about to take off and go to the moon!Emma in one of the 752 times she asked me to watch her jump...you know how kids are. I still took pictures of her all the times she jumped. See?
Jay was such a good brother and helped Lauren get on the knee board.
When it came time for his turn, he wasn't so thrilled about it. Jay's a lot like me in that the only reason he does "out of his comfort zone" things, is to get everyone off his back...which is exactly what this occasion was.
Doesn't he look excited to be there? Never got a smile out of him once.
A better "view"! wink, wink!
Tyler was more entertaining to watch.
Katie Jane and Jackson
Anna
There goes Kristy...showing off again! ;)
And then Steven, or maybe it was even Ryan, dumps her right next to a fish boil!!! Oh wait! That's only my nightmare!
Emery's shore time with daddy.
Parker
Halle
I wasn't kidding when I said I had a lot of pictures.
Our second day there, we took a little cruise...or a three hour tour...up Annie's Canyon?? or Moki, can't remember which one, but it always amazes me how beautiful the rocks are. Everything looks so small until you're up into it or against it and you realize that you're tiny compared to these ginormous mountains of rock.
From where I took this picture, I thought there was no way that Steven's boat would fit in that little cove, until his boat got right next to it.
We all jumped in for a community swim, which always makes me nervous in these canyons. I think when I was younger my dad traumatized me into thinking that these canyons are where all the fish hang out and live. Sucking on the side of the rocks and living in little caves just under the surface of the water. And since a lot of us girls had "glitter toes" thanks to Holly, it was like 50 little power bait bites enticing the fish to get a little closer.If you're computer gives you a warning that it's almost out of virtual memory because of the picture overload from my blog, I apologize!

No comments:
Post a Comment