Wednesday, August 25, 2010

We went to Utah Lake...can you smell it through these pictures?

I grew up going to Utah Lake with my family, and I remember green, chunky slime spraying from my mom and dad's water skis as they skied around the lake.  Not to mention the times that my dad jumped out into the lake only to be standing on the bottom with the water only to his armpits!  Or the dead fish floating on the shore!

I know...Gross!

They tell me that it's better and cleaner now, but I still have a hard time feeling totally comfortable in water that I can't see 2 inches into.

Milky water.  Sounds not right!  I'll drink milky water, aka skim milk, but I don't want to swim in it!

Is it possible for me to sound more bratty?
And then there was the time last month that I almost slipped and fell in the slime/algae growing on the boat ramp as I was trying to get the boat on the trailer---Will had to apologize several times for making me get that deep into the water, as I was screaming and on the verge of tears and yelling at him that I didn't want to do what I was having to do, he knows it grosses me out!

I did live, however!
My bro, Ryan and SIL Kristy are so good to just get up and go and do something fun with the kids and they invited us to go to the lake with them a few Saturdays ago.

Halle and Emma...they brought their polly pockets for entertainment, just in case the water wasn't enough!


This is Treven's 3rd bag of chips!  Not that I was counting, I was just jealous because they looked so good.  We didn't bring any chips!

This is the 'Y' from near the middle of the lake.  I forgot how HUGE the lake is too. I guess I could straighten this picture out, but to be honest---I was so nauseated and sea sick that I had to concentrate and look at the horizon when we would stop.
So it's a REAL image!

Being the last one on---and the biggest---it's always the hardest to get on.  Like Tylers light weight is going to make any difference!  What a sweetheart!



This is Ryan driving nice.

This is Ryan driving NOT so nice!

Ryan was insisting that me and Kristy take the wheel and learn how to drive the boat.  Will taught me a little at Lake Powell, but since I had to play the role of the all important photographer...Kristy got to do the honors.  She did FABulous!



That facial expression is aimed at me...but it's a good thing!

If I could blow this picture up extra, extra, EXTRA large, Ryan...I would!  What a ham...I think we're related!

Me and Kristy were a good team.  She would dump them...I would collect evidence.

Tyler and Kristy are such great athletes.  Kristy refused that I take any pictures of her, even though there is no earthly reason why she shouldn't be shown off, I totally get what she means...it's the reason I'm behind the camera!  But Kristy and Tyler do so well on the wake board. 

This is what made us need to go home.  Shallow water and high winds and rain.  We got more wet from the white cap waves coming up over the boat on our way in than we did (I say we, but I mean them) when we got in the water.

Thanks, Ryan and Kristy for letting us come along!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Ahhh, Utah Lake. I think I can smell it through the pictures.