Anyway...
Last night was Emma's second grade "patriotic" program. I think I've mentioned before that these kinds of things are not my favorite, because there are so many parents who go over and beyond at capturing their child in these programs. Ridiculously over and beyond. But I lived...and this was one of the programs that I think we'll remember for a while.
Only because the cute kid who stood next to Emma and shared a speaking part with her was so full of energy and who insisted on singing in a false vibrato operatic style voice at the end of every line in each song. HILarious!
Emma's face...says it all!
She was so worried that the audience would think that she was doing her part wrong, I assured her that everyone would know that she was doing it right. She said her lines perfectly and they weren't easy lines either!
Remembering my lovely editing issue...please enjoy these photos of people's heads! I realize that I could have stood up and taken some pictures without people's heads in them, but I would rather see heads in my photos then to have an entire audience look at my backside---favorite jeans and all---as I stood up to take a picture.
Just sayin.
Will and I were laughing at this little boy and his shenanigans...I don't think we were the only ones either. And I was so proud of Emma who bore it so well. She did all her sign language motions with her bulky cast and sang very well.
This one was our favorite...I think Emma was seeing the reactions of the audience in front of her.
Most of the kids are doing sign language for the phrase..."We won't forget the men who died..." from the once loved and now obligatory, yet over used patriotic song we all know. Her friend re-inacted the phrase along with doing the sign language every time they sang that line.
And Emma seemed to be not the least bit distracted by her friend to her right.
Emma showed me her cursive name art project that is hanging on the wall in the hall. Sadly, if she hadn't of explained to me what it was, I don't think I would have figured it out!
We're so proud of Emma and love her patriotic little heart!
2 comments:
I laughed through this entire post. Why? Because that kid next to her might as well be named "Jackson" and have blonde hair, wear glasses, and live at my house.
I'm with LeMira except with a change of name and haircolor... we had one like that at our house too! Such fun(ny) memories. Thanks.
Emma is beautiful just like the rest of her family. :)
Post a Comment