Tuesday, February 22, 2011

XOXOXOXOX

So I'm posting about Valentine's Day even before I've posted Christmas.  So what!  It's a flood of pictures and I'm still a photoshop novice and add that to a new computer that does everything backwards from how I've been doing it for the last 20 years...it'll take some time to get used to.

Korean for Valentines...sounds romantic, right?

It is if my Will makes it!  (All gushy and sappiness intended!!)


Will's version of Korean sushi...yummo!  A little chicken, a little kimchi, a little seawead tasty wrap.  Forget being all lady-like while trying to eat these things...it's just one big mouthful, over and over and over again!


My dad makes me laugh.  Obviously!

We actually made Korean food (Will's watered-down version for my anti-spicy heat family) for my dad's birthday, which is the day before Valentines.  Honestly, I know he was just being kind by having Korean for his birthday dinner when we all know (the entire fam) that his first choice is ALWAYS a roast and mashed potatoes and gravy.  Hands down.  No questions asked!

He did get his other favorite...creamed asparagus.  Goes so well with Korean food, don't you think?


He only allowed 7 candles to be put on his cake which he then teasingly blew the smoke toward his grandchildren's faces.  Sometimes grandpa's think they're being funny.  Sometimes they are.  Sometimes they're not!  He said this birthday (hello retirement age!!) was as hard to take as turning 40.
Oh, PLEASE don't tell me that!  


As fast as the stages of life of our children are passing, (un)fortunately we're still in the science fair project and valentines box making stages.  Yippeee!  The girls spent at least two weeks with all the materials to make their boxes on my dining room table.  And just guess when we finally sat down to finish them.  Yup!  The night before...after one of my classes ended at 10:00...of course the next morning brought on the finishing touches.


All these grand ideas in our heads, like spray painting styrofoam hearts...did you know that styrofoam will melt with it gets spray painted?...and using all kinds of glitter paper and candy...and the end product is something that is being held together with aluminum foil and tape!!


Aluminum foil and tape hold all the goodies in just as well as something dreamed up in our heads!!

Our plans for a romantic dinner for six were squelched with a tournament basketball game of Jay's...so I carried a handful of candy conversation hearts in my coat pocket and ate them during the game---of course I did---and Will bought me 16 popped kernels of popcorn for $1 at the concession stand at the school and we shared them.  He even let me finish the bag off.

If  that's not romantic enough, Will bought me a box of my favorite chocolates---which of course I hid and continue to eat one, (two, or three a day), and we made panini's for dinner...at 10 o'clock.  KFC was discussed, but who wants to feel all greasy on Valentine's Day?

Isn't life sweet?

No comments: