Saturday, February 19, 2011

I'll sleep when I'm dead.

Honestly.


Will and I were laying in bed this morning reminiscing about how much we missed (actually, I was being more nostalgic than Will was) our lives when the kids were little and they were cute and cuddly and funny and they didn't fight mean like they do now.

I really only miss the parts where the kids were cute and good and not sick.  My mind seems to have blocked out most of the bad stuff anyway.

Now, not only do they have busy lives...soon to be busier...but Will and I still have busy lives.  Trying to live multiple separate busy lives into my one life is not working out so well for me.

Whine. Whine. Whine. Complain. Complain. Complain.  I know I don't have it any worse or busy than any other person.

Will and I spent Friday lunch with Lauren and Emma at "bring your parent to school lunch day." I wasn't super excited when I read it was spaghetti day.  Lauren informed me that sometimes the spaghetti was runny and sometimes it wasn't.  It just depended on what lunch lady was cooking that day.  Honestly, I thought about trying to go on a different day when Will couldn't come because school spaghetti didn't sound so good, but by the end of the week after having had protein shakes and oatmeal and yogurt, multiple times a day, school spaghetti tasted sooo good.


It's official...I still love school lunch.  And now the kids get their choice of regular milk, chocolate milk, and strawberry milk.  Lucky!  I decided that since I was going to have 1% milk to drink (I'm a skim drinker) then I might as well have chocolate in it.  


I'v been taking a photography class, and the teacher taught us to NEVER delete pictures using our camera.  Always wait and delete them after they had been downloaded onto the computer and then format the SD card.  

I changed my ways and started formatting my SD card, until I got so anxious at one of Jay's basketball games that I had to distract myself from the game and started deleting pictures off of my camera...and I deleted the cute picture of Emma at school lunch.  So this is my second choice of pictures of Emma at school lunch.

Still cute...but...lesson learned.

A majority of our lives have been spent watching Jay play basketball in Jr. High gyms lately.  Some stinky, sweaty smelling and horrible lighted gyms.

We're so proud of Jay.  It's been fun to see him improve as a basketball player and as his mom, it's been so good for me to see Jay do something that I can't possibly help him with.  It's him out there on the court doing his best and there's no way I can be out there helping him play the game better.


But when Jay sits the bench the ENTIRE game...Jay, I know that I don't know how to coach basketball, and neither does your dad, so we can't really comment on why your coach had you sit the bench so much because he's the coach and he has final say, but we were so proud of you that when you did get out on the court, you did your best and you made a difference in the game, which puzzled us as to why you didn't play more, but....  You really deserved to play!  You had the best attitude and enthusiasm out there.  You and your mile long legs and your huge strides down the court and your nervous habits you inherited from your grandpa S.


So here are a few of the highlights of Jay from the tournament from last week.



I was trying to use the techniques that my photography teacher taught...obviously still learning.  Yes, the pictures are blurry, but I'm proud to say that they were not taken on an automatic setting.  I used my custom settings to take these blurry pictures! So what?  I know.  So what.


I'll pat myself on my own back because I'm flexible like that!!


Oh yeah!



 This is Jay's getting a talking to by the ref.  What he did was totally awesome and couldn't have made me more proud.  Not that fouling someone is a good thing...but Jay was so focused!  I screamed so loud that my throat hurt!!  When Jay gets worked up...don't mess with him.   You can see the intensity on his face and his running stride increases so that it only takes him 4 steps to get from one side of the court to the other.  It's always fun to see him deny the other team some points.

At those times, I'm not scrolling through pictures on my camera to distract myself!  Sometimes I wish that I was cool and had a smart phone so that I had something to keep me from having a stroke though.



Jay's always the first one to tell the other team 'good game!"  Win or lose!




 Jay vs. foul shots.  6 times he came to the line.  


Jay...only made it one time...Someday I'm going to learn how to do collages in photoshop...so showing a sequence of pictures doesn't take up so much space.




He'll be practicing that shot more before next season!  Look at his teammates laugh at him!

Jay played with some really great and talented boys.  It was fun to get to know them a little and to see how well they worked together.  I was always in shock at how much those boys would sacrifice their bodies for that basketball.  I guess it's because I can't imagine running that fast without doing multiple tumbles.  Or breaking every nail.


We are so proud of our kids.  Being a mom is definitely an adventure everyday and as fast as time is going and as much as I wish I could go back in time every once in a while to relive some sweet moments, I sure wouldn't change anything about my kids.

Except for their bedroom cleaning skills.  That I would change!

1 comment:

Christensen Kids said...

I still love your photography skills. I think we will keep you in mind for spring pictures if your up to it :-)
That's great that Jay plays sports. I can't wait? until my boys are playing and having fun.