Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ravings, Confessions and Braggings

I must start with my ravings because even though kick boxing class ended at 6:30 this morning...I'm still feeling the burn.  Especially while trying to blow my hair dry.  Holding a blow dryer up over my head with my feel-like-noodle arms is a workout in itself!

Me and my sis's have been going to a kick boxing class a couple mornings a week.  The teacher, Jana is AWESOME to put it conservatively.  She is always so positive and complimentary and funny, so funny.  And getting to hit and kick the crap out of something makes the workout about 358% harder.  Seriously!

This morning, I had a "biggest loser" workout thanks to Jana.  Hands on my knees, sweat dripping everywhere, side ache, nauseated biggest loser workout...for all the other couch sitters like me that watch the show.

And because I think Jana is so wonderful...thus my raving about her...I'm not going to make this a negative gym story.  Because it really is, but Jana said not to be "ghetto" like that and to not complain about everything like so many people in this world do, so I'll just give a 1/4 scoop instead of a double scoop!  This is how it goes...

small room
small, hot, muggy room
small, hot, muggy room filled to capacity with every punching bag in use and even 3 girls sharing one punching bag.  We're lucky no one got accidentally kicked today, it was that full.
a door gets opened...for extra oxygen, of course
a man, I'll call him a man, even though a REAL man wouldn't have done this, leaves his beloved weights and mirrors in all his tattoo and odd looking downward angled shoulders glory, and shuts the door.

oh, no you di'nt!

I would never mess with Jana.  She's a tiny ball of spicy Korean fire.

She opened the door back up...so he complained to the front desk and I'm sure to someone higher up later today...and eventually Jana being the good person that she is, closed the door again.

So we confined our irritation to the room and channeled our energy and imagined his face on our punching bags as we kicked and punched them...to the point of biggest loser exhaustion.

It was awesome...not at the time, but like Jana says...if you're going to get up this early then you might as well make it worth it!  I would tell you when and where her class is but her class can't get any fuller.  She's that good!

I always hesitate, especially lately, about telling gym stories because I can tell people all I want that I work out very hard 5 days a week...but because it doesn't look like it...I come across as a "story teller".  Sure, Julie.  Sure you work out!  But people only think that because of the confession that follows.

I bought 3 original size cadbury eggs...ahhhh, Easter candy...and I hid them in my car and ate every one of them.  And now I want more and drove to 2 different stores last night with Katie Jane to find more and they're gone!!  All the ones that weren't partially opened anyway, and I'm not THAT desperate yet to eat a cadbury egg that has exposed chocolate on it!

Will was gone for the last couple of weeks and if anyone has read any of my past blog posts while Will was in Afghanistan, you'll know that I slicked up about 7 boxes of chocolates, by myself, during the year he was gone.  It's my comfort food, er, one of my comfort foods...my seasonal comfort food.  So when he's gone...it's no holds barred.  Thus the chocolate hoarding

Life's too short to not enjoy enough chocolate, right? Especially at this time of year when it's cold and depressing and it's hard to see the light at the end of winter.  I'm ready to start seeing that light!  Anytime now!

Now onto my bragging!


Guess who built this for me??  I guess this is a bragging AND a raving part. 

I couldn't even find any before pictures to show what an awesome job Will did.  We've been living with this same fireplace but with a little chair-rail trim all around the stone for almost 4 years and it never really bugged me until Will finished this and I realized how dinky it was before.

I'm so lucky!


I was dreaming that we could go to an antique store and find a wonderful antique mantle that we could refinish, (sadly, I'm trying to be just like a designer that I love...never will happen) but I think this one is so much better.  Will built it exactly like I wanted him to...he did have to work around the TV and stuff so I didn't get all the mantle space I wanted, but the last thing I need in this world is more horizontal space to put something on!!

I'd take Will over a cadbury egg ALL DAY LONG!!

more on Will tomorrow!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

BEEEUTIFUL! I love your carpet too. I bet the whole house is just georgous! Oh, btw, I wish I had even a little bit of your motivation. I NEED to be working out everyday.

Debbie said...

I meant BEEAUTIFUL! (I do know how to spell it.) ;)