Saturday, May 3, 2008

Hike to the "Y"

We were on top of the 'Y'orld! Me, Katie Jane, Emma and Lauren, joined a friend and we hiked to the top fo the Y on Friday afternoon. I was so worried that Emma would complain and cry the whole way up. The girls amazed me! They did an awesome job! I told the kids that whoever made it to the top first would get to choose what or where we eat tonight! Emma won! Her choice was the ever fantistic T-bone restaurant where she has her chinese chicken strips (the are exactly the same as American chicken strips!)
Lauren, Katie Jane and Emma enjoying an awesome view of Utah Valley
I went to the bottom of the Y first and had to hike up to meet all my kids who had beaten me there! We went with Steven and his kids and Carol and Leslie Lifferth.
looking North - I was afraid it would be too cold, but it was perfect!
If you could read my mind you would hear "I can't wait to get to the bottom so we can go get ice cream!" I intentionally carried everyones water and "stuff" so I could feel good about getting a double scoop!

No comments: