Saturday, May 24, 2008

Live wElle 5k!

My best friend growing up was Sally Taylor. I basically lived at her house (and in their motorhome) growing up and I remember her mom had a little plaque on the wall that said "THE HURRIER I GO THE BEHINDER I GET" So true, so true. So on Tuesday morning I was trying to be all efficient and get my day started out right and was doing my laundry extra early in the morning and accidentally kicked Willie's kennel. Yeah, broken toe. By Friday I had decided that it wasn't broken, only sprained, whatever. The top of my foot was all bruised, but it was feeling better and well enough that I went to the gym that morning. Saturday morning I ran in this 5k and about 30 minutes after I finished - I was sure my toe was broken. Wouldn't have missed it for anything though. Elle makes me appreciate my children and not care about the dumb things that really don't matter like doing laundry extra early in the morning. (with size 10 feet!)
Thin Mint, Lezlee and me at the finish line - I beat my time last year by a whopping 30 seconds and don't worry, I don't stay purple for very long! Lezlee was awesome to run with - we yelled at each other over our music and pushed each other!
Kristy, me, Lezlee and Jill holding Dylan aka The Unibomber!
Grumpa finished honestly this year and still took home 2nd place (out of 2 in his age division, he! he! he!)
See, the purple went away!
After prizes and awards, they let balloons go for Elle. Not a dry eye in the park!

No comments: