Monday, May 26, 2008

May Afghanistan Pictures

It's way way late - I am so tired, but can't sleep and thought I'd post a few pictures Will sent me this morning. These are from the 'search & destroy' mission he just finished somewhere in Afghanistan. They were searching & destroying the taliban (I won't even capitalize the word taliban because I think they're not worth the shift key!) There will be more pictures tomorrow - soak these in for now! Will is glad to be done with that particular mission and it sure is nice being able to talk to him more.

Memorial Day brings a whole new meaning to me now that Will is putting his life on the line for our country just as thousands have done before him. I am so proud of him and I love him even more if that is at all possible. I'm having a hard time looking at an American flag and not crying. My wonderful neighbors, the Boyack's bought me another flag to put up. My old flag pole wouldn't stay up on the house so Bro. Boyack and Bishop Tranchell fixed the pole for me and now I can proudly display my American flag. I would put many flags in my yard, but I am afraid of being known as the overly-patriotic woman on the street! Is that possible? Grandma Jane wouldn't think so! THANK YOU, WILL!
Me, Lolo, Record, Maboob and 2nd PlatoonCommando Ops (I think Will is on the moon!)
Locals on the way to Meymaney
Commando Ops (See, I told you he's on the moon!)
Commando Ops - (ANA soldier laughing at the other ANA soldier because Will was taking a picture of him while he was sleeping - looks comfy)

2 comments:

The Olsons said...

I'm so glad to know about your blog! This will be fun to see pictures of Will and see how you are doing, because I have been meaning to call and see how you are with him gone. This will help us to keep in touch a little better!

Brookie said...

I love your blog Julie! It has so many cute little touches! (Which really doesn't surprise me!) I love seeing these pictures of Will! He is always in our prayers as well as you and your sweet kids!