We went over the bridge as we flew into San Francisco...I think I already mentioned how I wanted to get my camera out of the overhead compartment area and risk the wrath of the man sitting under it...just to get a picture of the bridge from above.
So we went over the bridge, under the bridge, but we never went ACROSS the bridge. Time ran out and maybe if I hadn't been so set on finding authentic fortune cookies in China Town, then we might have had time. That's the one thing that we didn't accomplish while we were there. I really wanted to walk all the way across the bridge. Will had a grand idea to run from our hotel...across the bridge and back...for one of our morning exercise routines. About 15 miles round trip.
Didn't happen!
Will managed to get a picture of me (Honestly...this is exactly why I do not get on the recording side of a camera...this was the best of the pictures he took of me, too...seriously?) - for proof I was there - as I was coming back from the ladies room. I got plenty of exercise on this trip...finding bathrooms.
Jay was texting us sending requests to us to take pictures of sharks for him. Although I'm sure it's not real...it's as close as he got to receiving a picture of a shark.
This tour was also a guided tour via ear phones and little receivers that everyone got. As the boat made it's way toward the bridge, the tour info would point out sites and landmarks for us to look at in SF. If it weren't for the wind I might have heard more, but it was f-r-e-e-z-i-n-g and extremely windy and all I cared about was getting my hood over my head...and protecting my camera. Will and I sat at the very front of the boat, where a large sign warned that salt water will destroy your camera. I thought for sure there was no way any water would make it's way up over the front of this huge boat.
I was wrong.
This is where the girl sitting next to me was sitting at the time the wave came over the front of the boat and drenched all 87 of the South Koreans that had congregated at the front of the boat to take pictures of each other and the bridge, and the rest of us too. Will and I were standing so we could see over the top of the Koreans (loved watching them btw), and somehow, I was quick enough to turn my back to the water, but I think that Will heroically threw himself in front of all the water to take it for me so that I wouldn't get wet because I had maybe 2 drops of water on me, while the girl, who was still sitting on the bench, above, when the water came...had more than 2 drops.
She left her tour receiver and earphones and never came back to the front of the boat!
Eiffel Tower
Notre Dame
Big Ben
Buckingham Palace
White House
Pearl Harbor
Disneyland :)
Thanks to the super enthusiastic Korean man who stood at the front of the boat and yelled and screamed and cheered the entire time, we saw a dolphin swimming toward the bridge on our way back. I just started taking pictures in hopes that one of them could be of the dolphin. I had to crop the picture a lot to find it.
Is that close enough to a shark for you Jay?
We sailed around the back side of Alcatraz on our way back. We didn't get to see this side on our earlier tour, so it was neat to see what the rest of the island looked like. Different angle.
This was our last night in SF and Will really wanted to eat some fresh crab, so we found a restaurant at the Wharf...that had heat lamps :)...and each ordered a 2 lb. crab. I don't remember what kind...I had a hard time getting past the hair, yes hair on the crab's legs and body. And it wasn't just hair, it was greenish brown, algae hair. I had no idea.
Still, I got past it enough to rip the legs off and dip some large chunks in the delicious butter, but towards the end the heebie-jeebies got the best of me and Will got to finish the rest of mine.
Then the waiter asked if we were from Minnesota...said I had an accent...nothing against Minnesota, I have a good friend from there, but Minnesotains get made fun of because of their accents...don't cha know! That was a hard punch to my not-so-high self-esteem!
No pictures or voice recordings of me, please! I'm going to go practice...the rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain!!!

1 comment:
Did you take these awsome pictures of San Fran!!! They are amazing! Good job!
Post a Comment