Thursday, July 22, 2010

Lazy Days of Summer....NOT!!!

Looking back at these pictures, it seems like I took them LAST summer.  I remember waking up almost every morning and going right for my adored bottle of Excedrin-tension headache...I knew what was in store for the day!  The first part of July was spent at baseball/softball games...turning into softball/baseball tournaments.

At times it seemed like the games would continue to infinity...and beyond!!

Which goes right with the above picture of Emma, wearing her heisted 3-D glasses from when we took the kids to see Toy Story 3 over the Independence Day weekend...lenses popped out a la Katie Jane...I figured I paid enough to see the movie in 3-D so I told the kids they could keep their glasses.  They're still wearing the glasses around, at least the frames part of the glasses.

Whatever kept her entertained for the hours upon hours of softball watching

Katie's team didn't make it to the tournament games.  She ended up only playing in about 3 games because she slipped and fell at grandma and grumpa's house and broke her toe the day before her first game.

Of course she did.

She reminds me of someone I know.  I'm pretty sure it's genetic!!



Katie is also at the age where she doesn't care if her team wins or loses, she cares about what she is going to WEAR to the games...maybe that has nothing to do with age.

Again, like someone I know except I was never brave enough to be a part of an actual team!



Lauren was her team's motivational speaker.  I heard her telling other girls on her team to stay positive and BELIEVE that you will hit the ball!


And Lauren is fast...something NOT inherited from her mother!  She is a great team player and either she got a good hit or she struck out swinging.

I don't know how they cope with the stress.  I'm not even the one trying to hit the ball or play in the game and my heart can't stand the palpitations!  I'm a nervous wreck when my kids are playing.  Maybe that's a sign that I shouldn't be there, but I figure my kids could be doing worse things to give me heart palpitations, at least they're doing something constructive!

Lauren's team took 1st place in the Springville/Mapleton/Provo Filly league so they all got a trophy, which she was so excited about!

Springville Wildfire!

They got their picture in the paper and everything and the story that read:

U12 Girls' Softball team Wildfire burned their way to victory and finished as 1st place champions in the Springville/Mapleton/Provo Filly league.  Coached by Evan Clark (our awesome neighbor), Laura Gage and Ron Simmons, these young athletes worked hard, had fun and greatly improved their team skills and confidence.  Wildfire went on to compete in the 2010 Filly League State Tournament in Spanish Fork...who assisted their Wildfire teammates with thrilling wins and nearly too-close-to-call losses.  Through it all, the girls demonstrated grace under pressure (3 games in one hot day), never permitting their competitive spirit to be dampened nor good sportsmanship to be extinguished..

Way to go, Wildfire!!

1 comment:

The Olsons said...

Way to go Lauren! That is awesome!