Not to bring ANY undue attention to myself, but yes, today was my birthday...number trente et sept...for all you french-speakers!! But the fact that it is my birthday today did not make today wonderful! The fact that I can now legally, according to the Christmas-music-listening-laws of Julie, listen to Christmas music for the next 3 months...exactly...did not make today wonderful! The fact that I had a 44 oz. Diet Coke (she's so good to me!!) AND a "pink cookie" BEFORE 10:00 this morning did not make today wonderful. *
Turn off the music and watch what made today wonderful...maybe get a tissue..especially if your name is Ryan!!
We had so much fun surprising the kids. They were all so emotional and it made it so hard to hold the video camera still and capture it all. We even had all the secretaries at the elementary school crying! We're so excited that Will's home for a few more days...I don't dare figure out how much longer he has left at home...I'm trying not to think about that...but we'll take EVERY SECOND we can get!
*Will, so thoughtfully, pulled over at the first convenience store we came upon on our way home from Park City and ran in and brought me the "birthday-breakfast of champions" combo! He did such a great job...the cookie was soft and and the frosting was lardy and smooth, not crumbly, just like I love it! I, sadly enough, know how to pick the most-freshest of pink cookies! It's been a quest in my life!
8 comments:
Julie! I'm so happy Wills home, at least for a little bit! Did the kids know he would be coming home at all for a visit? I want to see the other kids reaction too. Thanks for the warning, although I should have listened to it and got a tissue, oh well.
Happy Birthday by the way! What an awesome present!
Hi, that was the best!! I would like to see the other kids reactions as well. We have enjoyed all of the pictures of the kids and Will too! It was good to talk to you the other day.
How wonderful. Good thing I have tissues on my desk at work. How fun was that?!?!?!? I'm with Sara.... I want to see the other kid's reactions too.
What a great Birthday present.
That was great! It made me cry. Jay did, however, tell me that it was rude that no one let him in on the secret of Will coming home. I just laughed. It was so good to see him yesterday.
This was the best! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Like Sara, I would like to see the rest of the kids reactions and I should have listened to the warning to get a tissue! I am so glad that he is home for a few days! Hope you all enjoy what time you have! Look forward to the update later! :)
OK, it looks like you've made EVERYONE cry! What a great scene to witness though. I want to see the other kids too. Did you know much in advance that he would get to come home for a visit? That's great that the two of you got some alone time too. We've stayed at the Grand America before... isn't it amazing!?
Wow, Now you've got me crying! I'm so happy that Will is home for a bit. Just watching that video makes me so happy for your family
Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Let's go have lunch and celebrate!
That was the most touching video ever. I cried the whole entire time, because of how much you can tell that Will loves his son! You have such an amazing family!!!
Post a Comment