Wednesday, September 17, 2008

This one's for Traci because she misses my posts and she needs some entertainment!

5:48 a.m. this morning. in Provo. Driving north on 9th east. Very dark. Still wanting to be in bed (I made my bed specifically so I couldn't/wouldn't get back in it) Going to the gym. Debbie's step/pump class. Yawn! Blinking a lot to keep things in focus (eyes are FANTASTIC, btw) Then, off to the right, just barely on the other side of the solid white line....I see an older lady....in a house coat/robe...hitchhiking. Do you think she might have been crazy? If I would have stopped to give her a ride, where do you think she would have wanted to go...in a robe? Isn't the state mental hospital just up the road? I think it is. I laughed. Two miles on the treadmill and an hour and a half step/pump class later...she was gone. Either she went back to bed or someone, clearing my throat, gave her a ride. Maybe she wanted to go to...what in the world is open, besides 7-11 and Walmart, at that sleep-yearning hour? I think she's crazy! Please don't ever let me do that!

2 comments:

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

Julie! I laughed so hard at this post! Out of all the things that could happen that early in the morning!! I hope see found her way!I totally hope that's me when I'm her age! What a fun adventure!!! So I want to hear about your renuion! I talked to Teresha and she said you looked BEAUTIFUL and were doing so good! I hope you took lots of photos!

Graciesmom said...

You are so good! 5:48 AM
Your post made me giggle. I can just picture it :)