A little DRAMA for this MAMMA!

Coming home from Jay's football game in Salem (they won 14 - 6 btw), Jay and I noticed an increased number (like 45 cars from all over the county) of police cars on the block west of us. This didn't surprise me because I've noticed that the police frequent that block a lot. Me, being the nosy, investigating type, CSI junkie that I am, I drove around to see if I could catch a glimpse of what was going on...el zippo!

So I relied on reliable sources like the neighbors across the street. The ones that my dad called the cops on and had arrested when we were working on our house before we moved in!!! All that was known was here-say. This is where all the people were gathering...at the end of our block and across the street. Then...the SWAT teams, yes TEAMS, started to appear.

This is the second SWAT team I saw. The first one came down our street across the street to get into the back of the property! Are you worried about where I live?

This is the third SWAT team...complete with the channel 2 news guy on the corner!

Then they brought out a robot? I decided that hiding behind the Boyacks camper might be safer because the action was on the next block. Bullets could be flying! Anyone with worse luck than me, please share! (Jane T. you and me have a tie!!) My luck would be to catch the one and only stray bullet!!

This just in...domestic violence/hostage situation...N-I-C-E!

Then SWAT team #4! In.front.of.my.house. A little too close you say? This was very surreal. You could see the focus on their faces. Willie being the obedient dog that he is didn't make a sound, most likely because he had his bark collar on. (I know, I know...it's needed though)
The first SWAT team I saw gave me a pit in my stomach and made me think of Will going on missions in Afghanistan. Seeing their faces and knowing of the "unknown" they were dealing with was almost too much to think about.
I don't know how the situation ended. I just looked outside and all remnants of SWAT teams and ambulances and tow trucks and police/sheriff cars and crowds of people and news coverage teams were gone. Lauren came in and told me that a boy down the street (...who heard it from this guy, who heard if from this guy, who heard it from this guy's cousin...) said that the man shot himself when the SWAT teams got inside.
Oh, what a hold satan has on so many!
So, back to normal, kind of.
As Emma and Willie and I sat on the front porch watching TOWNS of people drive by and roll down their windows and ask what was going on...I tried to think of more positive things. I remembered the cute pumpkin I bought yesterday...
It's called a "cinderella" pumpkin..the orange one. Yes, it's real! I LOVE it! Isn't it beautiful and cool? But being the WICKED mother that I am - I won't let it change into a carriage! Maybe I'll let it change into a BMW though! My handsome prince (aka Will) could, for sure, wisk me away in a BMW! Okay, maybe a Toyota Camry is good enough.
I'm going to go mop the floors!
6 comments:
See Julie I sit down at the computer hoping for entertainment and presto you made it happen! Thanks! Love Traci
Update: They went in and the man had already killed himself. Pretty sad. I have a link to the news story on my blog. I was one who didn't even want to go to the end of the block because they weren't letting anyone in or out, and the cop guarding our neighborhood yelled at everyone standing on the corner "in the line of fire."
Wow, a little more entertainment than you probably needed. That's very sad...the pumpkin is cool though.
Love,
Jane
I saw all of this going on! I drove past the church on the corner of 4 East and saw the mobile command units and thought (of course) I better go see what's going on! But you got a up close and personal view of this. I'm glad that I have worse luck than you...I know I'm good for something :)
Love the pumpkin :)
I just found a conjoined tomato in my garden! I think I will put it on my blog!
That is crazy and very sad. Love that pumpkin. It is very cute!
Ok I saw this and was pulling over to see what was going down. Excpet I heard the man killed himself:( I was thinking we lived in a safe little town, maybe not so much.
Post a Comment