Quick - who knows how to make time stand still??
I have tried and tried and TRIED to the point of orneriness to the MAX to get the girls video of them seeing Will posted and I cannot get it to work. We're working on it. So...I'll fill in all the other info on him coming home for his "vacation".
I picked Will up from the SLC airport on Sunday afternoon, Sept. 21. The kids had NO IDEA that he was coming home. I had told them that I was going to Park City with my friend Marie - airborne Marie - before my birthday for a little girls time out and that Will would be home the next Sunday. I'm sure no one would question my "little-white-lie" extravaganza, I knew the kids would understand...and I knew that Will really wanted to see the kids...but I didn't!
We went to my favorite place to eat anywhere - Market Street Grill - and then we stayed at the Grand America. They put us on the 24th floor! Way too "cha-ching", but it was awesome to have such luxury and no dishes to do and floors to vacuum and kids to yell at.
We stayed at Park City until Thursday and that's when we came home to surprise the kids. Their reactions took me by surprise. I didn't expect them to be so emotional. Granted, they have been living with the wicked-witch-chocolate-hoarder for 6 months without relief...they were sure glad to see their daddy! Will looked at me as we were getting ready to get Jay out of class and said, "I can't believe I'm this nervous to see my own kids!"
So we came home to a FUN decorated house - thanks to Aunt Lori, who had also made dinner while going through a migrane headache that day...WE LOVE YOU LORI!


We love our dad! We wish he could stay longer...We just can seem to get enough hugs and kisses!
4 comments:
Such a great story. When does he have to go back? I hope you can get the girl's videos on your blog. I'm glad you had him all to yourself for a getaway.(That's the way to do it)
Julie-
I'm so glad you get to spend time with Will. I don't know why but I can't stop crying! The video of the girls was so sweet. I can't imagine how exciting that must of been. Tell Will hello for me!
You are one smart girl. I bet when he comes home everyone wants to be with him. If you just keep it a secret, he is all yours. :) You guys are such a model coupls...you've really got it all. When I grow up, I want to be like you! :)
These videos made me cry of course. They are so sweet. I'm so happy for you and I wish Will could stay home. You just got your house done and he had to leave--he needs to get to enjoy it. It's just a house though and I know it's nothing without those people in it. We love you all very much.
Post a Comment