Yesterday was Katie Jane's Regional Science Fair. She and her science-fair-project-partner, Kira placed in district and competed in region at BYU. It was so fun to see Katie so nervous and because of her nerves, she was talking faster than I could understand. Add a little gum chomping into it and I didn't stand a chance! I got nervous when I dropped her off to the judging and she had on the "nerdy" t-shirt that everyone received, which I thought was totally fine, and then I see other students going up the stairs in dresses and shirts and ties...they mean business!
All day. Science Fair projects. Some really good. Mostly boring. Which is why I brought a book to read.
The award ceremony had Katie Jane chomping on her gum EXTRA hard. Oh, to be in an auditorium with 5th and 6th graders...and their noise. There was a slide show going on with different "science" questions as entertainment for the kids while we waited for the award ceremony to begin. With every new slide, you could hear 300+ kids repeat the question...then the answer...then laugh...then comment...then repeat the answer...then laugh...then repeat the next question.
I think I might have to re-read the chapters in my book...too much silliness!
That earned them ice cream...and me a ginormous Diet Coke for my patience with 5th and 6th graders from 5 school districts...all day.
GOOD JOB, Katie Jane!
1 comment:
You were a brave soul to stay the whole time!!! I dropped Celeborn off (in his nerdy t-shirt) and then Scott caught up with him for the awards ceremony (which he agrees was torture).
Post a Comment