Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Blinding me with SCIENCE!

Katie Jane and her friend Kira did a science project for school and were picked to go to the District Science fair which was last night.

The Effect of Music on Dogs' and Cats' Heart Rate.


They came up with this idea on their own, as far as I know, and had to spend a lot of time trying to contain a dog and a cat (never together at the same time...of course) in a room and force them to listen to different kinds of music.


Katie Jane was so excited and was hoping they would "WIN" at the district science fair. I was so impressed with some of the other projects also. Kids are so creative! It was fun to walk around and see which kids did their projects on their own, and which kids...didn't.

Katie and Kira were one of the many (many, many) whose project was chosen to go to the regional science fair. I was so happy for Katie, who squealed and jumped up and ran to the front of the room to receive her "medal" with her hands over her mouth in disbelief! But, dang! I was looking forward to being done with this whole thing and throwing away that huge piece of cardboard. Oh well.


I have my own "science fair" project. My hypothesis is: that NONE of my genes were passed on to my children. They all look like their dad, or their dad's sisters and act like their dad, or their dad's sisters and are smart like their dad, or their dad's sisters. :)

My conclusion supports my hypothesis.

We're proud of you Katie!

1 comment:

A Few Tacos Shy... said...

Yay Katie! Celeborn gets to go too and my reaction was the same. Great. I totally don't have time for any more science fairs!!! I couldn't even go to the district one for crying out loud!