This morning, Katie Jane reclined on the couch and kicked up her feet and dropped them, with exaggerated force, onto the couch. What followed made me literally GASP out loud!
An atomic size plume of dust arose from my nasty couch cushion. We're breathing that yuck into our lungs!!! Enter: one of my renewed best friends. Washing machine. So all day I have been on a quest to rid my couch, and lungs, of all the microscopic dust mites! In doing this I opened up all the newly healed fissures on my fingers while trying to pry the foam inserts off of the couch seat cushions.
What was hiding inside the back cushions extended my tasks for the day even more.
A SEA of fluff! I call this fluff. This is only TWO of the back cushions, too. The fluff in the other cushions was in much worse shape and too hideous to capture in digital form.When Emma was a baby she found a small entry hole into her crib bumper pad. Every day/night I would lay her down and she would immediately go to that little opening in the bumper pad (assume the same position and everything) and grab a handful of "fluff" and would almost immediately fall asleep as she twisted it between her fingers. It was a soft comfort to her. So much so that I would buy, or my mom would buy, BAGS of quilt batting for Emma so that she could carry a chunk of it around with her ALL THE TIME.
Exhibit A.
Notice the wad of "fluff" in her hands. I would follow behind her and either collect the droppings and throw them away, or make a new fluff ball for her to carry around.Exhibit B.
And since her "mimi" was always in her mouth and a comfort for her as well, she found a way to incorporate BOTH comfort items at once. "Fluff" surrounding "mimi". I love this picture.
My couches are now clean (heavy soil and extra rinse cycle - bless you my BFF washing machine) and rid of the trillions, even zillions of "Who-people" on their specks of dust...and all the cushions re-stuffed with fresh, clean, firm "fluff". I even managed to find and ruin (maniacal laugh) the lives of four very comfortable spiders in the corners, cracks and crevices in my house. Their comfy, self-webbed cocoon they were hiding in was no match for my Dyson! Love THAT!
I think I can breathe a little easier now...or a little less dirty anyway! And yes, Emma found herself swallowed up in the middle of the fluff pile today. It was BLISS to her. I better make sure she didn't swipe some to take to bed!
6 comments:
She is too cute! and by the way I like the bathroom.
Katie Jane is adorable! By the way, did I ever tell you I love her name!
What a great job to have tackled! Do you hire out????
Such cute pictures. Wow, I'm impressed that you unstuffed your couch and washed the covers. Now THAT'S cleaning! I've been known to put mine in a large garbage bag and then stick the vacuum nozzle in there and suck them down into almost nothing to get the dust out, but you've really gone the extra mile. You should be proud. What a woman!
Love the fluff, love the science, love your blog!
Wow Julie, i've heard you were a clean freak.... but... wow... That is something I put off for two or so years, then think of doing it, and then put it off for another year!
I love your blog! I love that picture of Emma with her fluff and mimi. So adorable! Love the bathroom...Love Grandma's tiled vanity as well. I also spent alot of time "using the facilities" as it was like no other bathroom in the world!
Post a Comment