Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Just a few fleeting thoughts!

- Yesterday was a day of reminiscence...hamburger helper simmering away on the stove top with "Little House on the Prairie" playing in the background on TV. I remember those two things happening when I was a little girl. In my parents' super-green kitchen. It was either LH on the P, or M*A*S*H. Good memories. Cheeseburger Macaroni Hamburger Helper. Good maybe once a month...maybe.

- This past weekend, Will and I attended a "Yellow Ribbon" meeting/seminar for all returning soldiers. When a speaker asked who in attendance had teenagers, Will and I looked at each other and realized...we do! Wow!

- Going to the gym with a new outfit makes working out a lot (maybe only a little) more enjoyable.

- All the snow is melted in my yard (ya-hooo!) and I've opened some windows and opened the doors to let in the fresh, un-stuffy air, and possibly a few more spiders. I'm really enjoying all the birds in my backyard, too. I'm trying not to let Grandma Jane down...if you feed them, they will come.

- I'm starting to realize that I'm really going to miss having my kids around me. Not yelling "MOM!" mind you, but having them around me and listening to their personalities come out in their awkward, sometimes sarcastic and teasing conversations. I have really good kids. They are kind, not to each other, but I know that when I am not around they are using their manners and doing their brain-age best to be good examples and to be considerate and helpful to those around them. Unless, again, it's to each other.

- I also have a smart, cute dog. No matter how hard I try to make it impossible for him to balance on my lap...he'll do his darnedest to make himself fit. And he looks really cute in the front window as I drive away...only his little head showing with his ears perked right up! And when I come home, he's found any sliver of sunlight and he's squished himself into it. Preferably in the folds of my newly stuffed couch cushions.

- And Will...there are many, many words that I can think of to describe my amazing husband. I know that no one is perfect. So without using the word "perfect" to describe Will...I'll say he's IDEAL!

I'm a lucky gal!

2 comments:

Traci said...

You are a lucky gal because you deserve it. You are a great person and I miss you!

Jason and Britney said...

Wow, I think I need some advice on how to make my kids be all those things that your kids are... when I'm not standing behind them whispering in their ears the right things to say. You have such good kids Julie! You deserve it, you made them that way!