Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Well?

Because Will has been gone these past couple of weeks...I told him I would post some doings of mine while he has been having a blast in SC...or just the opposite of that!

This bathroom...a very 50's retro bathroom, which I love...was the first room we "made-over" in our year long adventure of renovations. We took the pink carpet out, wallpaper off, sink out, toilet out, re-tiled the floor, painted the walls and vanity, new sink, new toilet, and re-finished the tub. Not once did I think about removing the pink/salmony colored tile. I still love it. I remember being a little girl and counting the swans on the tile border as I used the "facilities". I've actually been quite surprised at how easy it has been to match the colors of the tile to rugs/towels etc.

But something just wasn't quite right. I'm not loving the bathroom like I used to. I don't like the tile on the floor I picked out anymore. I think I was in a hurry to find something...ANYTHING so we could have a functioning bathroom as this was the only bathroom in the house at the time. And then I decided that I didn't like the color of the vanity. It used to be the same color of wood as the door trim and all the other trim in the house, but I thought it would look better white. But it turned out to be blueish white...too bright. So, with my awesome decorating skills (yeah, right) I took an extra tile Will found in the attic of the garage and I had some paint made to match the tile.

This is the before.


And this is the after...


I think...I don't know. I think it matches the rug better than the tile.
With 3 girls heading into the bathroom-hogging-needing years...will one sink still be adequate? Is there another bathroom reno project in my future?
Sorry Will ;)