Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Here he is...Captain Biesinger


I was imagining the "Miss America" song to go with this title...but it just doesn't work...on so many levels!

A 19th Special Forces crest of chocolate was inside...it melted...we still ate it!

Remember when I was saying that Will and I went to a formal dinner for his Unit...well, here are the pictures after MUCH deliberation on whether to show any of the pictures of me or not.

My stupid arms. I couldn't find a picture of us that my arms looked half decent in and I know that sounds snobbish, but hey...if a girl doesn't like how she looks in a picture - it's her prerogative (I had no idea that is how that word was spelled...I think Bobby Brown was pronouncing it wrong in his song. hmmm.) to delete all evidence of a picture that contained anything remotely similar to a fat body part portrayed in the picture.

Will is a much better photo object and it was a great night for him, becoming "Captain" and all. So I'm glad he let me snap some pictures of him with my piece-of-junk camera!

Who wouldn't want to hang on this guy's arm?

Watching Will get his uniforms ready is always intense. I remember a few years ago when he was going through OCS (Officer Canditate School) - remember that the army is FULL of acronyms - and having to measure...to the exactness...all of his pins, ribbons, patches and tags. Then imagine how horrible I felt when I found out that he was yelled at - army style - for having a string hanging from one of the patches that I had sewn onto the shoulder of his uniform...a string I should have seen.

So I let him do it by himself now. I don't want to be responsible for any extra push ups.



East side of Utah State Capital...I know you don't really care which side you're seeing, but just so you know...this wasn't the front.
After Will had been a model for the bride, we went back to the door to get back in and continue "mingling", and we found that ALL the doors in the building had automatically locked at 6:00pm...so we were locked out and we had to walk all the way around to the East side again to get back in, which really wasn't that bad, but me, being in very high heels, not walking shoes, I didn't really enjoy all the stairs. This place happened to be at one of the places we tried to get back into the building. Again, pictures with piece-of-junk camera!



So just imagine Will, like this , and a girl in her full blown wedding dress and veil and flowers, hanging on his shoulder. He was so embarrassed!

Inside the rotunda. Same piece-of-junk camera resulting in a not so great picture!
See? Some really formal dresses showed up! I'd so much rather be modest than fancy. I can't do fancy very well. All the men look so sharp in their uniforms though.

These are his captains' bars...the pinning ceremony involves replacing his 1st Lieutenant shoulder boards and replacing them with his new Captain's shoulder boards.



I love this man and I am so proud of him.

and only ONE person said to Will..."O Captain, My Captain" that night! And no it wasn't me!

No comments: