Jay has been taking a photography class in school and I was hoping that he would share some 8th grade photography secrets/skills with me (almost professional, I'm sure) so that I could learn to take awesome pictures with a not-so-awesome camera...he won't talk to me about it. All I hear from him is that he has to take 100 pictures of "something" by "tomorrow". Of course he's known about the assignment for a week, but as teenagers are, waits until the bitter end to do something about it!
This is one of his assigned topic pictures...linear perspective or maybe it was Trees, Plants, Flowers...cool Jay!
Well, Labor Day was supposed to be relaxing...a day to rest from our Labors, also known as Sunday, but once a year it's a treat to not HAVE to work on Monday too. But, true to form, Will had other things planned, or should I say, planned for him. He spent the day sanding, prepping and painting my parents front door to help my dad out.
He labored all day.
I bought him a sandwich and let him labor while I took the kids up the canyon for a picnic. My SIL, Kristy, always has fun ideas and things for the kids to do. I was going to let my kids turn on the hose and eat Popsicles, I know, the kids didn't think that was a fun idea either, but Kristy had a much better idea. I had no idea water was going to be involved, but the kids had a blast - and a wet ride home.
All the kids tried not to get wet, but ended up wet at least up to their waist. Trevin took the full body plunge though - of course he did!
The water was so cold that all their legs were bright red and I know that Hobble Creek is clean, but I just kept thinking that one of the kids was going to come out of the water with a leech attached to them. Heebie-jeebies!
The canyon was cool and breezy and it was really nice to relax and talk. Then a thought came to my mind. Jay had taken the camera (the same camera that made it through Afghanistan with some dents and bumps, and also made it through the fall down the "Y" on the mountain) and was taking pictures for his photography class. This assignment was Trees, Plants, Flowers. The thought was that...what if Jay drops the camera in the water. I looked around and Jay was laying on the ground a ways behind me with the camera in his hands. I said, "You didn't drop the camera in the water, did you?" (I almost asked jokingly)
Silence.
"Did you?"
Silence.
He did.
This is the last picture Jay took before it went "ker-plunk" into Hobble Creek...
We got the SD card and the battery out and let the camera sit in the sun for a few days. Believe it or not, it still works. A little more hard to turn on, but I got these pictures for this post off of it!
The camera that continues to labor.
This is the last picture Jay took before it went "ker-plunk" into Hobble Creek...
We got the SD card and the battery out and let the camera sit in the sun for a few days. Believe it or not, it still works. A little more hard to turn on, but I got these pictures for this post off of it!
The camera that continues to labor.
1 comment:
OK, so I've had an insanely busy summer (see my blog in a few days for the details if interested) so I'm just now catching up on reading all of my favorite blogs. Yours being one of them. This is a summary comment... I love the life in your yard too. Great pictures from you and Jay! The door is gorgeous! The kids look great.. so grown up! Love the pictures at the top of your blog... you are all beautiful. The marathon picture of you is VERY impressive. I'd kill to look like that! Can I go to Hawaii with you next year? Love you guys AND the blog. :)
Post a Comment