Will finished our new/old screen door! I must say that I feel very spoiled when I say that it sure is nice and wonderful and convenient and fun to have Will home every Friday. This four 10's thing sure works out good for me! He essentially has two full days to do whatever I want him to do - and I know that sounds spoiled, but if you were to ever ask Will what he wants to do...he would say "Whatever Julie wants"! True. BUT. I usually want to do what he wants to do. It's something we like to call -- being unselfish and working together. Although, Will is much better at it than I am.
So this is the before.
The very functional, yet not so attractive aluminum screen door. Yes, we might have been a little harder on it than my grandma was - thus the dents in the bottom, but the screen was still all in tact!
The very functional, yet not so attractive aluminum screen door. Yes, we might have been a little harder on it than my grandma was - thus the dents in the bottom, but the screen was still all in tact!
This is the middle where Will realized that this project was nowhere near being over. He had to replace some wood at the top of the frame, sand and repaint all the trim. I love the front door alone, too. REAL wood. And when it slams, you know it!
Then the after. Doesn't it look GREAT?
I love it when I can keep the door open and enjoy the light and the air and sometimes the umpa-lumpa/polka music from across the street. I need to live somewhere where the weather will cooperate with my open door desire all year long. Where would that be?
There's something about the 40's and 50's that I love. The music. The fashion. The interior decor.
My House.
2 comments:
Yipee for an old door Grandma couldn't throw away! Thanks for all of your hard work Will! I'll be driving by really slow a few times to check it out, don't call the cops.
I think thats great! Way to go Will! Enjoy and appreciate that handy-dandy man you've got there Julie! Not every wonen gets one of those, just as every man does not get a wife who cooks!
LOVE that door!!
Post a Comment