Monday, September 28, 2009

If I had one wish...

A magical feat that has been accomplished in our yard this summer was cartwheels...Emma and Lauren practiced over and over again trying to get one perfect. Of course, in my day, I was a pretty good cartwheeler. I even remember doing one handed cartwheels and spinning myself into dizziness practicing. I haven't tried to do one for about 14 years now, since before Jay was born...and even then, it wasn't pretty!

So now, Emma's wishes are getting bigger and bigger. Unfortunately, she's my daughter and will probably never get her wish to...

I don't think I could even get both feet off the ground higher than 6 inches now! Honestly, if you're in your 30's or into more awesome ages...have you tried to jump rope lately?

I was waiting for this picture to scan and my computer started doing that slide show thing of all the pictures I've ever taken and downloaded onto my computer, and it hit me how fast my kids are growing up. Pictures of my kids from just a couple of years ago make my kids look like little toddlers and babies compared to how big they are now. Emma's face is no longer little girlish...she's got the older, more mature facial expressions going on (eh hem, along with the attitude!).

I really do miss those days of younger kids. No homework. No hurry to get to bed because they weren't in school yet. No special facial cleansing soaps and other "supplies". Using less than 1 gallon of milk a week instead of more than 6. Ahh. Those were the days.

But things change and although I miss the younger years...I think life's pretty good right now. Although parent/teacher conferences are this week...maybe I'll hold off on saying that life's pretty good right now and I'll let you know how it goes at the school.

2 comments:

Jerbabe said...

I love her pictures! She did a good job portraying what she wanted. You've got to love it when kids take a leap and try doing something they didn't think they could do.

LeMira said...

I'm pretty sure she's the best artist in her class!