Okay, you're going to have to focus to stay with me here. Sometimes life can be so slow and boring and then all of a sudden there are tons of things you want to share (mostly for my memory book sake). My mind is spinning and literally aching and I'm creating blog posts in my mind. I guess I better get these things out of my brain and leave room for something else...like silence!
First, to follow up on my previous post about Will's promotion, it came! IT CAME! I guess throwing a temper tantrum and writing to congressmen and putting my frustration onto my blog did the trick. Will called me yesterday on his way home from work - he was in trouble with me because he was way late for a Dr. appt, and so it kind of ruined the moment for him, but we were able to celebrate for a minute over the phone and then I made him call the Dr.'s office to tell them he would be late.
Will and I have a similar problem. When someone comes to us with a problem or even simply calls us or stops by to visit and we totally have something that we need to do or a place that we need to go because we are late, we dump everything we are doing to listen/visit/hear the other person. Heaven forbid that we tell someone we don't have the time, right then. That's what Will did yesterday...forget the fact that he had to make this Dr. appt. MONTHS ago, a guy he was deployed with in Afghanistan came to him with a problem/frustration, and Will was there for him. I'm sure everyone does this kind of stuff daily...it sometimes just feels like my life is not my own. It's a mom thing, I think.
So that is the biggest news. Yea Will!
Will and I went to a formal dinner at the State Capitol building on Saturday night where they did his rank advancement ceremony even though it wasn't completely "official" - according to the state, he was already a captain, so we went ahead and did it. The dinner was for his unit in the National Guard to kind of thank and celebrate the spouses/families of the 19th. (Will's unit is the 19th Special Forces and I know there's more detailed description about what his unit is, except I can't remember what it is and I'm just going to keep it simple, sigh.) It was supposed to be formal dress, but the only formal dress I have makes me look like the mother of the bride - so my sis Holly let me borrow a dress and shoes - my wardrobe is sooo motherly! There were a lot of women there in very formal dresses, some not so much, but all of the soldiers/men were in their uniforms and looked very sharp. So sharp, that while Will and I were "mingling" (which I hate to do because I know there is no way I'm going to remember all of the names of the people I meet - thank goodness for name tags in the army!) a lady came up to us and asked if Will would be willing to be in a photo shoot for a bride just outside the doors in front of the Capitol Building. Will was so embarrassed. The bride was too, I think, and was so nervous to put her hand on his shoulder - "is it okay if I put my hand there?" like the uniform is holy or something. Of course Will was the perfect man for it. I just wonder what the bride's fiance is going to say about having another man in her bridal pictures...I tried for like, 3 minutes to get my stupid camera to turn on. You know, the one that made it through Afghanistan, a tumble down the "Y" and through a fall in a river. It now takes 30 pushes to the power button before it will even turn on - so I missed the opportunity to get a picture of Will getting a picture taken of him in a bridal shoot. Unfortunately, all my pictures are on the same cursed camera that Jay has with him at school. So pics to follow. I just need to get this info out!
Then, there's Willie. But there's more to it than just Willie. I spent the weekend watching my sisters kids while she and her husband went out of town. Willie is the center of attention when they're here. They love him. I had to tell all the kids that Willie is off limits several times, just to give him a break from being asked to roll over, and shake and play dead and sit! I could tell he was being over stimulated. He would come find me wherever I was in the house and sit at my feet. So in doing all the tricks, he was being fed all sorts of things that are not supposed to be in his diet. His diet is his dog food. And his dog treats ran out a long time ago because my kids were giving him enough for it to be a meal, having him do tricks and stuff. So that being said - his system was not very regular. He is perfect inside the house as far as NEVER peeing or pooping inside. But on Sunday, I had to get 7 kids ready for church - yes, even the 14 year old needs major help, and doing 5 girls hair and having to take requests for how they would like their hair done and trying to get myself ready and being a short order cook for breakfast and I had to be to church on time because I lead the music in our Sacrament meeting. And did I mention that Will was gone on his drill/military weekend? You still with me? We made it early to church, only little fights during the Sacrament when everyone wanted to hold the tray and I was sitting on the stage, not able to break up the fight, giving eye glares at any of the kids who would look up at me and feeling my face go really red.
When I got home the chaos continued to being a short order cook for lunch, spilled green beans out of the fridge and onto the kitchen floor, cries of hunger, and then Lauren yelled..."NO SCHOOCHY, SCHOOCY, Willie!"
Do you know what schoochy, schoochy is? Well, Willie had been fed so many foreign food objects that he wasn't able to "come clean", I would say, on his behind. So when he came back in the house after trying to "come clean" he commenced to clean himself on my NEWLY CLEANED CARPET!
I am a carpet Nazi. I don't allow shoes (unless it's me), food (unless it's me) or anything else that would remotely damage or stain or dirty my carpet and here my beautiful carpet was, all pretty except for a foot and a half streak of poo from Willie's bum. I almost had a stroke. Of course all the kids gathered round to look at the streak and comment at how gross it was as I was throwing Willie outside and scrambling for carpet spray to get the streak out. All while still wearing my church clothes - including heels! Don't worry - I didn't take a picture of it, the one in your head is good enough, I think!
So as soon as Jay brings home the camera...I'll have pictures. Posts aren't as interesting without a few pictures, I think. And I'm sure I'm forgetting something, like Katie's braces coming off, by the orthodontist, of course, apartment renters playing musical appartments, but I won't know if there's more until I see the pictures. If anyone stuck with me on this post...you're awesome!
Now some silence!
2 comments:
Thanks Julie, I needed to hear your schoochy schoochy story today! Well, actually I just needed to laugh and your story did the trick! I love your posts!
Congrats to you Will! I wish you could have gotten a picture of Wills bridal shoot. Maybe with Wills new raise you can get a new camera!
ubI love your posts too Julie! You are so real, and fun and say everything we want to hear sprinkled with smiles and laughter.
Never quit! I am very proud of Will also. That was a lucky girl to have such a handsome hunk in her bridals!
Post a Comment