Friday, September 18, 2009

Watch out...I'm mad!

All be warned...this is MY blog and MY opinion. It's my way to vent because Will's tired of hearing how frustrated I am. I'm preaching to the choir when I vent to him. So...

I wrote a letter to my US Congressman tonight. That's a first for me. Will had nothing to do with this letter. In fact, he's in bed right now. But the decision to do it was made up in my mind when Will called me this afternoon on his way home from work - completely distraught and down. Fighting to stay positive about life. It's just something I had to do to relieve a little stress and try to ward off what is turning out to be anger. This situation has been my stress provoker and depression maker for the last few months. I have no idea how Will has managed to not let it depress him more than it has me. EVERY DAY for more than three months, wondering if this review board, and ultimately our US Congress and the President of the United States (I don't want to or care to make my fingers type his name) are going to get done what should have and could have been done, passed, completed, okay-ed, marked off, concurred, approved, months ago. Something Will has been looking forward to for a long time now. Since May, actually.


Becoming Captain Biesinger.

And the part that I've been looking forward to for a long time now, too...Will getting paid for becoming Captain Biesinger. We all know that it's hard to even afford a loaf of bread lately. I swear that loaves of bread are 4 slices shorter than they used to be and don't even think about the size of ice cream cartons! I just don't understand it. I've learned that even though you are employed and have benefits and a home, you're still not exempt from suffering from the economic woes in our country.

I know, in the reality of this world of emotion, hard times, pain and grief, that some people would kill to have a problem like this. Will has a job. He's getting paid. He has benefits. We have all these comforts of life that most of us take for granted, yet here I sit, still, feeling extremely angry and ready to drive to Washington D.C. to actually help get something accomplished instead of waiting for narcissistic people to do the job WE are paying them to do and that should have been done a long time ago. Who's the public servant here? Who's working for whom? The President may be my husbands commander-in-chief, but he's still an elected official and he's working for us. Same for the US Congress, politicians, etc. Why can't people do their jobs because it might help some else instead of doing their job because the HAVE to and only if it benefits THEM. (Will gets really annoyed when I start blaming the President, but I say, if the shoe fits...)

So, because I don't have enough money to buy gas to get me to Washington D.C., forget even looking on Expedia for a cheap flight, I decided to write my US Congressmen - Jason Chaffetz.

I'm looking forward to seeing how long it takes before I am heard. Anyone have any other suggestions? I've done the "patience" thing - I'm way past that - I'm almost past depressed and I'm getting into anger now. I feel hopeless and helpless. I might even have to use my birthday candle wish and wish this thing DONE!

Does anyone have a cold pack I can put on my head to cool off?

6 comments:

A Few Tacos Shy... said...

Send it to both senators too and do it every day until you get a response you are satisfied with. The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Christensen Kids said...

I don't have any suggestions, but I'll share and ice pack and diet coke...or drink of choice :-)

Jason and Britney said...

Are there any more parades this year? Jason Chaffets is always "pleased to meet the people' at parades! Maybe you could hunt him down!

Tuttle Family said...

I probably shouldn't say this BUT...soldiers like Will and Brian are NOT the majority in the US army. Most I've met aren't worried about getting the job done, but making sure they know who to point their finger at when the job goes wrong. I feel your frustration, I'm sorry.

regina said...

cold pack? coors and bud (light if you like) straight from the fridge.

Jill said...

Julie, sorry about the soldier problems, but it's nice to reconnect after all these years (I love facebook and blgos). Your kids are beautiful and you look fabulous!