On Emma's actual birthday, Will decided that her little bike needed to go. Emma is now 8 after all, so she deserves more of a grown up bike. So he bought her this one, which she loves, but she has to do some skillful maneuvering to get on and off the bike it's so huge!
She mastered riding her bike faster than I thought she would. I still feel like I need to be present when she rides her bike because I'm afraid she's going to get a pant leg or her foot stuck as she's trying to jump on or off and her two front teeth, which are now permanent, will need to be replaced with something not so permanent!!
We let her ride her bike for a while, and then told her to put it away because being Sunday afternoon, I needed my nap! Is it just my kids or do all kids know that when mom and dad are taking a nap...you can do whatever you want...until they wake up? Emma went back out and practiced and the only way I knew that---because as I remember, I napped very soundly that Sunday---is because Lauren took my camera outside and snapped a few pictures of her.
Evidence!!

Emma wanted a birthday cake like she saw in the American Girl dolls magazine...literally a magazine made for the American girl doll. It was about 3 inches by 2 inches. I had to try really hard to read the tiny print in the recipe in the tiny magazine. I'll just use that as my excuse as to why it turned out like it did. I don't know what it is with me and frosting, but I like to consider butter my friend, but butter cream frosting is not my friend!
Emma also got her own set of scriptures from Grandma Strong. Something she's been so excited about.
We've gone from taking diaper bags with sipper cups and binkys and diapers and toys to church to more grown up things now. That's a change I'm thrilled about!
I still carry candy in my bag to church. Candy, lotion and lip gloss along with all the mandatory churchy stuff. The top three necessities a girl needs---in my book anyway!
My baby.
I so miss smothering my babies with tons of kisses and looking at their cute little heads full of black hair, and smelling their little necks right after their bath and humming next to their ear to stop them from crying. Motherhood has been wonderful for me. Not easy, but wonderful. I'm not comfortable in this stage of motherhood I'm in now, yet. I still have longings to be a mother of a tiny baby again, but I think it's best left that way, you know?
Might as well end that phase on a good note!
We love you so much, Emma. We're so proud of the choice you made to become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are so fun to be around and I can always depend on you to bring fun to anything. You have the same sense of humor as your dad...you think silly things are hilarious, even when no one else does. You can and will laugh for hours over the same silly thing. You have a tender heart and I'm so happy that you always want to do your best. And I can always depend on you to tell me exactly how you feel.
Thanks for being my baby, Emma! I'm so glad you're mine!

No comments:
Post a Comment