The day is half over and I still haven't done the number one thing on my list, which was...GO TO THE GYM! My Monday morning had too many other things for me to do and instead of sweating in my gym clothes, I have cleaned a bathroom, done dishes, laundry, paid bills, shopped online for Christmas, completed surveys to get discounts, vacuumed, organized drawers and started dinner...in my gym clothes.
I don't feel the least bit skinnier. But my desk sure looks a lot better!!
Keeping up with the kids is a full time job. And I don't necessarily think that my kids are over-involved. But it's still overwhelming to look at my calendar and see where and when I need to be and realize that I'm supposed to be two places at once for a lot of those days.
There's plenty of me in size, but not enough in number.
Jay's basketball schedule is busy. Did I forget to mention that he made the Jr. High basketball team? Yea! He did! and every day there's practice and twice a week there are games. And I have the hugest amount of guilt if I don't make it to all his games. Which adds to the chaos. I've been bribing him to motivate him to get more rebounds too.
It's fun to watch my dad at the games. He smiles the entire time.
I've decided that I'm not going to lug my camera around anymore to take pictures at his games. It is a good distraction for me because I have a hard time handling the stress of competition at his games, but I've yet to get a decent picture. So..enjoy this yellow, blurry picture of Jay!
Katie Jane sang in a choir at school as well and Will and I left the kids at one activity to go to another (where I missed them sitting on Santa's lap...lost my chance!). I'd so rather her sink her time into something like this instead of dancing or sports. Maybe some other physical activity is good, but she can use this singing stuff for the rest of her life. And she enjoys it and she's good at it. Ugly dresses and all.
And while watching the First Presidency Christmas devotional a couple of Sundays ago, we saw her choir teacher singing in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. That scored points with me!
We're so proud of Katie Jane. Now if she'd only love Algebra as much as singing and piano.
Katie Jane and her friend Chaylee. Chaylee lives close by and goes to our church. Fun, cute girl and she and Katie Jane have a good time together.
I think I remember this particular night being one of marathon proportions. I remember going to the store at least 4 times that day and I was trying to get ready for Emma's baptism the next morning and I had HUGE lists of things I wanted accomplish before morning, along with Christmas parties, work and errands that night.
The 2.5 hours of sleep I got that night were the BEST!!
I think I remember this particular night being one of marathon proportions. I remember going to the store at least 4 times that day and I was trying to get ready for Emma's baptism the next morning and I had HUGE lists of things I wanted accomplish before morning, along with Christmas parties, work and errands that night.
The 2.5 hours of sleep I got that night were the BEST!!
1 comment:
I understand the madness, I ended up going to Costco 4 times last week. 4.
Post a Comment