Last year I took pictures of my kids on Thanksgiving and thought it would be a good tradition. Sheesh...it only took me 15 years to start that tradition! Last year I was using my sister Beckie's awesome camera and this year I got to use my own.
The worst part was trying to stand outside for more than 30 seconds before the sub-zero wind chilled us to the bone. It sure made the process go much faster. There wasn't time to do things I wanted to try. I was more determined to just take some pictures than to take some good pictures.
I don't like cold. Or wind. Or cold wind!
Lack of skill doesn't take away the fact that I have four beautiful children. I love them for humoring me and it really has been fun to look at last years' pictures and compare.
Where does time go?
This is my first plate of food. Don't look shocked. You know you ate just as much. And I only ate one piece of pie! I think it's funny that I used a china plate and a plastic fork. My mom had real, silver forks...I was all about what was closest. Plastic it is!
This was our entertainment for the day. And convenience stores that stay open on holidays so someone in the family can do a drink-run...priceless!
And these are the only pictures I took as I waited my turn to get my food. After that...the camera got put away and eating and visiting took priority. My entire family was there this Thanksgiving, except for Ryan and Kristy...they went to Florida with Kristy's family to Disney World. Surprised their kids that morning with the news. They like adventure more than us! ;)
I'm just looking at the picture of Emma eating one of my mom and Lezlee's delicious rolls with homemade strawberry jam and I'm regretting not eating 30 of them!!
It's wonderful to be with family. To be thankful for what I have is an understatement. I love my life...trials and all.
I'm thankful for a husband who treats me like a queen and pretty much lives his life in service for me and our kids and others. He forgoes so much to make us happy and comfortable. I love that he'd rather spend time with me and the kids than with anyone or anything else. Except for riding his bike, maybe.
My kids are fabulous. As much as I try to protect them from anything harmful, they're growing up and showing me that they can handle some hard stuff. I'm so proud of who they are and Will and I are always pleased when we see them doing or saying something that normally wouldn't come naturally or come out of child's mouth. They teach me more in a day than I've taught them their entire life.
To wake up in the morning in a warm, beautiful home. Wash my face in warm water 10 steps from my bed and put ice and water in a cup, walk into my full pantry and get my protein powder out to make a shake and get in a nice car and drive to a gym where I am healthy enough to work out. How many people can do that everyday. I am so lucky on so many levels. To have all these wonderful, convenient things at my disposal...all the time! I still feel like the one of the biggest things I am thankful for is running water. Can you even imagine what life would be like without that convenience?
I am mostly thankful for the Savior. Who loves me for as much as I can do and then finishes what I can't do. The knowledge of what He has done for me is most humbling. I love Him and I am thankful that I was born into a family with parents that taught me about His Gospel.
A blessing, indeed!

1 comment:
Cute kid shots and I LOVE the redo on your daughter's room.
Post a Comment