(I know, I'm going to clean this room!)

Our friend Braden Welburn is working on his Eagle project and is collecting coats, hats, gloves and blankets to send to Afghanistan in time for next winter. This is one corner of our back room filled with bags of coats Brayden has collected from elementary schools so far! They'll be sorted, washed and boxed to mail to Will in Afghanistan and he will distribute them to villages, etc.

This is another corner of our back room - Most of the schools had them bagged already for us, but one school we had to bag them ourselves. I don't think either Traci or I gagged, but we all sure used hand sanitizer when we finished! Moms - wash your kids coats!!!

We collected coats from Springville, Mapleton and Spanish Fork elementary schools on Tuesday and we stored them in our back room. The Welburn's came today to pick them up and get them ready to organize. They needed a trailer to get them home. The bags filled the trailer and the back of their truck! This was only ONE collection. The Welburns already collected about his much on Monday! I hope Will's ready to share the warmth!

Braden, Cameron, Megan & Katie Welburn and Jay, Katie Jane, Lauren and Emma showing all the bags of coats! Traci and I were commenting that we would know if one of our kids lost their coat. Look how many mom's aren't as observant as me and Traci!! Do you know where your kids' coats are? They might be on their way to Afghanistan!
1 comment:
That is an awesome project! I can't believe how many coats you collected from the local Elementary Schools! Make sure that you post pictures of him giving them out to the people of Afganistan. That is one of my favorite parts of going to Mexico is giving out supplies of the things that they need down there!
Post a Comment