Grandma Jane's Roses

I am so lucky that me and my family are living in the house where my dad, Uncle Kenneth and Aunt Janette grew up and where my grandma Jane lived for over 50 years. She loved to work in her yard and it showed! Will and I tried to have our wedding reception in her backyard, but 100+ hours of working in the yard to get it ready was not enough to stop the downpour on our wedding day! I have been left with the daunting task of trying to follow in her footsteps! How is it going? Ummmmm, not so much! Since Memorial Day was so rainy and wet, I never had a chance to get to the cemetary to take some of my grandma's own flowers to her marker. So, since the roses are SO BEAUTIFUL, I decided to pick only the prettiest, most beautiful roses all throughout the yard and take them to her! I bet there are over 30 rose bushes in our yard! OUCH! And I have the scratches and scars to prove it!! Jill and I could see our sweet grandma Jane with an approving smile! These are HER roses!

(insert smell-o-blog!)


Grandpa Jay's and Grandma Jane's marker

Even the bees took time to smell the roses! We really could smell them from far away! You should smell my yard right now! AHHHHH!

me!

Jill!

Awesome, sweet smelling, perfect roses!
3 comments:
These are beautiful Julie, thanks for sharing! Lots of memories huh. It was good to be together for Art City days. You have to get Janette Blogging so we can keep in touch. Brooke set me up a site before she left. I have to try to figure it out better now that she is gone. We love you guys!!
Those are beautiful flowers.
I just learned about your Blog, I love it.
Awesome! I love this!
Post a Comment