Family reunions...
yes, this also happened in July!
A new generation of Rice,Tuttle,Christensen,Schmidt-Biesingers. Will's sister Anna and his cousin Connie Christensen planned this year's reunion.
Anna has a huge yard in West or South Jordan...I never remember which city...and she had all sorts of things to entertain the kids.
and tons of wonderful trees for wonderful shade!
I was in charge of taking pictures - with my un-liked camera - so I tried to get pictures of everyone and all the kids, and had the best intentions to get pictures of every "family", but I think I only got a couple of families...and this one of 91 year old grandpa Biesinger chasing away the chickens. He used a stick and the word "shoo"!
They came back.
David, Celeste and their darling little boy Mason
Craig & Cassidy - sounds cliche, but CUTE couple!
So fun to be around them! All those boys have the greatest sense of humor!
and Gerald without the wonderful Marlene, who was there but was probably busy being awesome at the next picnic table!
So, that ends the family pictures. I think Anna is going to think twice before asking me to be the "picture-taker" again.
The marking of the cups almost worked...I, myself, carried in my 440z Diet Coke. It did the trick until on the way home - Will stopped to get me another one.
The older boys had fun playing...this. I have no idea what it was and only took interest as long as it took my camera to go...click! I think family reunions get kind of boring when you're an "older child".
yes, this also happened in July!
A new generation of Rice,Tuttle,Christensen,Schmidt-Biesingers. Will's sister Anna and his cousin Connie Christensen planned this year's reunion.
and tons of wonderful trees for wonderful shade!
I was in charge of taking pictures - with my un-liked camera - so I tried to get pictures of everyone and all the kids, and had the best intentions to get pictures of every "family", but I think I only got a couple of families...and this one of 91 year old grandpa Biesinger chasing away the chickens. He used a stick and the word "shoo"!
They came back.
David, Celeste and their darling little boy Mason
Craig & Cassidy - sounds cliche, but CUTE couple!
So fun to be around them! All those boys have the greatest sense of humor!
and Gerald without the wonderful Marlene, who was there but was probably busy being awesome at the next picnic table!
So, that ends the family pictures. I think Anna is going to think twice before asking me to be the "picture-taker" again.
The marking of the cups almost worked...I, myself, carried in my 440z Diet Coke. It did the trick until on the way home - Will stopped to get me another one.
The older boys had fun playing...this. I have no idea what it was and only took interest as long as it took my camera to go...click! I think family reunions get kind of boring when you're an "older child".
But the little kids...they had a lot of fun I think. Running, screaming, exploring, water slide, volleyball, squirting any walkers-by with the hose, swinging, launching rockets, chasing chickens and eating all the chips. Isn't that always what little kids do at any reunion/party? They always eat all the chips before lunch is ready!
Aunt Anna, Aunt Jane and Cousin Connie spent hours (I'm sure) filling up water balloons. They had to fight the kids off with a stick to get them to stay away from the balloons.
Then all their hard work of filling up all those water balloons was gone in less than 90 seconds.
Lauren, Angie, Katie Jane and Vanessa
The little boys took pride in fueling the fire with boundless supplies of sticks, pine needles and anything that looked like it would burn - including plastic water bottles/and cups - which didn't burn so well!
In my experience...the teeter-totter isn't as fun when you're the heavy one. Emma and Ashley figured out a way to make it work, though.
Emma Caroline - always has her face in mine!
One of the highlights was the paintball "experience". There was to be a paintball war/game, but it didn't happen in the end. "Uncle" Will decided to take it up a notch and volunteered to be a "moving target".
I know. Stupid.
Please don't try this at home!
Amelia was the best aim...she likes guns, and she spent a lot of time standing next to the table where all the paintball guns were admiring them. She's so cute! Thanks cousin Craig for taking the responsibility of children shooting a gun - I know, it's just a paint-ball gun, but to me...
IT'S STILL A GUN!!
So, yes, Will got hit several times and I didn't feel sorry for him in the days following as he was nursing his "wounds". I was even offered a chance to shoot my own husband. As tempting as that might sound to some, I'd rather not have my husband in the sites of MY gun - nor anyone else's - especially the Taliban!


2 comments:
You took some GREAT pictures!!! I love going to the Biesinger reunion! I love the memories and the laughs and the sweet feelings it brings back! And the best part... visiting with fun people like you!
Thanks for all your hard work Julie. I hope you get asked to take pictures again, you do a great job and...I don't want to. :)
(this is Jane -not V, to lazy to change the username.)
Post a Comment