Thursday, August 13, 2009

Introducing...

Baby Girl Larsen!
Beckie and Eric are unable to decide on a name but she's the 5th in a family of darling children.
She weighed 7 lbs. 5 oz, 18 inches long and was only 36 6/7 weeks! Imagine how big she would have been if she had cooked another 3 weeks! She obviously didn't like her mother mowing the lawn, and decided that getting herself out was her best choice!


I'm sure that Beckie will be the first to volunteer that there's nothing like a good 'ole medicated birth! In my experience, since I've seen both now, the epidural sure does make the birth experience a lot more "enjoyable". Unfortunately...the epidural never took effect for Beckie, which left Beckie screaming, swearing and doing jumping jacks (I'm exaggerating) on the bed (which wasn't even ready for delivery) and the Dr. holding the baby in, literally, while Beckie's fingertips disappeared into Eric's arms and back.

Beckie did AWESOME!!! She did it and she wasn't prepared to do it physically or mentally and didn't WANT to do it un-medicated, but she did it! (FYI...it's a HUGE pet peeve of mine to say that an un-medicated childbirth is "natural". I had my babies the same "natural" way most women do. I just used the convienences of our modern day to make my experiences more enjoyable and memorable for me. That's my opinion!)

I'm so thankful that my sisters and sister-in-law let me be a part of their miracles. There's nothing more precious and faith fortifying than to see a perfect, directly from our Father in Heavens hands, baby being born. I'm sure my grandma Jane gave her specific instructions on how to behave.

Congratulations Beckie and Eric!

5 comments:

Jerbabe said...

What a precious baby!!! Congrats to them!!

The Olsons said...

Yay! Thanks for posting this! If you left it up to Beckie I don't think it would have happened. (No offense) She's just still learning the computer, I know. I'm so happy for them! How exciting, thanks for letting us know!

Brookie said...

So precious! Let us know when they come up with a name. :)

Strong said...

What a great story! Thanks for sharing.

Jason and Britney said...

Ahhh... a baby fresh from
Heaven, good thing for Family who share theirs with us! She is sure a cutie, and I love the name!